• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Took my new Tavor SAR out to the range for the first time yesterday. It ran like a champ. It was damned cold, so I had a hard time holding steady for shots, but got down to about 2 moa after some minor adjustments to the Mepro M5 RDS to zero it. Couldn't get much better for the day, cause I was freezing my ass off. It cycled everything I threw at it. Shot 300+ rounds of M193 55 GR 5.56, 30 rounds of hornady tap, 60 rounds of super performance from hornady, 40 rounds of cheapo American eagle from forever ago, and some varment ammo that has been laying around. No malfunctions, no failure to cycle, always held open on last shot. IWI Tavor SAR, savvy sniper sling, Mepro M5 RDS, and used the included mags and the magpul gen2 mags. Overall, extremely enjoyable experience with it.
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190304-085422.png
      Screenshot_20190304-085422.png
      599.2 KB · Views: 267

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Love mine. Just wish I could shoot it to what it's capable of.
    I'll probably not be able to shoot to what it's capable of, but I didn't buy it for extreme precisopr shooting either. I expect about 2 moa or better from a battle rifle. Definitely love it though. My buddy also wants one now that he's fired it.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Nice.
    Enjoy, as it's a great well engineered weapon.

Q.
    Has anyone actually seen a Tavor in 300 Blackout??
    They supposedly do exist.

I love my Tavor but the flash hider 1.5 feet in from of my face is just dang loud.

I think a 300BLK with a small suppressor would be great.
    I've seen some for sale, but never shot one. Not sure I'd be all that interested. It's a pretty gassy gun to begin with. I plan to have mine ready for suppressors, but probably won't run it suppressed much. Which flash hider are you using? I have a Surefire Warcomp ready to be installed on mine.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took my new Tavor SAR out to the range for the first time yesterday. It ran like a champ. It was damned cold, so I had a hard time holding steady for shots, but got down to about 2 moa after some minor adjustments to the Mepro M5 RDS to zero it. Couldn't get much better for the day, cause I was freezing my ass off. It cycled everything I threw at it. Shot 300+ rounds of M193 55 GR 5.56, 30 rounds of hornady tap, 60 rounds of super performance from hornady, 40 rounds of cheapo American eagle from forever ago, and some varment ammo that has been laying around. No malfunctions, no failure to cycle, always held open on last shot. IWI Tavor SAR, savvy sniper sling, Mepro M5 RDS, and used the included mags and the magpul gen2 mags. Overall, extremely enjoyable experience with it.

Damn ! I'm jealous !

leVieux

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I picked mine up for $1350 NIB before tax, so they're somewhat affordable. I'll post more pics once I aquire all my mods and get them installed. One thing I did note while shooting all that ammo is the ejection is extremely consistent. I like little things like that

Yes. A little tarp will collect the brass for your hand loading buddy.
    Consistent.

#1 mod is a Timney trigger.
    $300 will approximate a fairly good, not great, AR15 trigger.

I bought one.
    50/50 that I'd do it again.

H

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Man I really want one now.
    Good suppressor host, methinks, especially if available in 300BLK as noted above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Yes. A little tarp will collect the brass for your hand loading buddy.
    Consistent.

#1 mod is a Timney trigger.
    $300 will approximate a fairly good, not great, AR15 trigger.

I bought one.
    50/50 that I'd do it again.

H
    I actually don't mind the stock trigger. It's not nearly as mushy as I expected, has a clean sharp break, and really that 11 pounds doesn't bother me. I will probably buy the Geissele Super Sabra and the trigger bow and see how I like it. I'd prefer a two stage on my Tavor, rather than Timney's single stage. Honestly though, if I'm not in love with the upgrade to the new trigger, I wouldn't feel bad about living with the stock trigger.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Had mine a while now and love it. A real fun rig. I have an AAC 51T hider and a can to go with. Helps with the loud for sure BUT keeps it dirty. Worth it though.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I shoot mine with a 51t and it's good but I put and adhesive under the top rail back near the action. I don't find it to gassy at all but I may have to drag it out in the next couple of weeks to remind myself how much fun it is.

Even with mil ammo I can shoot w/o ear pro. Not an issue under cover until some bastard down the line sights in a deer rifle w/o calling a cease fire to post a target!

I have a 9mm kit on one of mine and it's pretty cool. Not as quick and easy as the AUG 9mm kit though.

I don't see the need for the x95 but I had no mil training to override!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom