• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Who's hiring out there? Any companies I should consider looking at? I'm planning on going out there in a week or two to get me an entry-level roustabout job. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Gun Zone Deals

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I wouldn't move out there, I'd move to San Antonio and then find work out there. Plenty of work out here in the oil field. You're strictly looking to work on a rig or interested in frac? Or services?

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Frac Services or Rig work works for me. Right now I've possibly got a job lined up on a rig, but if that doesn't work out, just really about anything. I'm pretty hands on and learn pretty fast. Really just trying to jump-start a career in the oil industry. No kids or wife so anything works for me.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    If you have a CDL and HazMat you can get hired on at almost any frac company right now (stay away from PumpCo for right now, talks of cutting crews right now b/c if they keep fracking as fast as they are they will run out of work in Sept and not pick back up until Jan '13. Cutting crews to try and slow down some fracs)

Working for frac is EASY! Hardest part is rigging up and rigging down (swinging a sledge hammer). They only drive tractors with pump trailers from yard to frac pad. Then you ride in shuttles until that well gets fracked, then you drive the truck to next location or back to yard. Low amount of driving. Average income starting is $80-100k/year, except Haliburton seeing how they offer the lowest pay...

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    If you have a CDL and HazMat you can get hired on at almost any frac company right now (stay away from PumpCo for right now, talks of cutting crews right now b/c if they keep fracking as fast as they are they will run out of work in Sept and not pick back up until Jan '13. Cutting crews to try and slow down some fracs)

Working for frac is EASY! Hardest part is rigging up and rigging down (swinging a sledge hammer). They only drive tractors with pump trailers from yard to frac pad. Then you ride in shuttles until that well gets fracked, then you drive the truck to next location or back to yard. Low amount of driving. Average income starting is $80-100k/year, except Haliburton seeing how they offer the lowest pay...

Wow, that is serious cash.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    How is the crime in the area? someone mentioned to me in a PM or on here it'd be better to live in San Antonio. I was looking at small towns like poteet and the like for possible residence. On my way to the oil fields saturday. Got myself a room in a small podunk hotel in Mathis.

Top Bottom