• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    While browsing Central Texas Gun Works website (the one who got the AG to file suit against Austin's gun ban) Hidden at the bottom was something I didn't know. If you are in the military and between 18 and 21 you can get a Texas CHL.

Don't know how you are going to buy it or ammunition but you can carry it.

GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY Sec G
    Gun Zone Deals

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    While browsing Central Texas Gun Works website (the one who got the AG to file suit against Austin's gun ban) Hidden at the bottom was something I didn't know. If you are in the military and between 18 and 21 you can get a Texas CHL.

Don't know how you are going to buy it or ammunition but you can carry it.

GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY Sec G

That’s why some states won’t reciprocate Texas’s LTC

I believe, in TX an 18 year old can be given a handgun or buy one in a private transaction.

As for ammo, I’ve never shown ID to buy ammo. Do stores prevent 18 year olds from buying handgun ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That’s why some states won’t reciprocate Texas’s LTC

I believe, in TX an 18 year old can be given a handgun or buy one in a private transaction.

As for ammo, I’ve never shown ID to buy ammo. Do stores prevent 18 year olds from buying handgun ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have asked me if ammo was for a handgun before, usually just 22 ammo though.

I am 18 years old a couple times so it wasn't a question if I am old enough.

There is a rifle and handgun available in pretty much every caliber so I don't know why it is even a question though.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I was ID for ammo a month or so ago at Walmart. Said they don’t sell ammo to people under 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    They have asked me if ammo was for a handgun before, usually just 22 ammo though.

I am 18 years old a couple times so it wasn't a question if I am old enough.

There is a rifle and handgun available in pretty much every caliber so I don't know why it is even a question though.
    ^This. Long ago. And seems like I had to sign some document or list confirming that the .22LR was for a long gun.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was given a .22 SA revolver when I was ~10.
    Don't exactly remember when, birthday or Christmas present.
    Came with a handtooled holster and belt.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Federal law Prevents under 21 from buying a handgun from a licensed dealer. However I see nothing mentioned about private sales or a hangun being gifted to them.
    Unless the law has recently changed in Texas there is no law imposing a minimum age to possess ammo unless that person is a felon.

I have been buying ammo here in Texas for a while and it has never been logged out. Now a company can require that but Texas does not.

Top Bottom