• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Boy that's a memory. In Phoenix the bastards will jump in your truck if you slow down enough, even on the street going by, trying to get work thru strong arm BS. Kinda like big city window washers hitting you up at stop lights. There are also local gang members who control the loitering and collect a cut and even get pushy like panhandlers but that's a different story.

I usually have the truck locked so they cant jump in or can hit the gas dumping them in the parking lot or hit the brakes as they are running up to smash a tooth or two. Ya I'm a bastard but leave me the phuck alone.

One day leaving the gas station adjacent to HD I got stuck in traffic half way in and out onto the street and I felt something hit the truck. I look into the mirror and see several guys jumping in the bed and start to yell just as the passenger door opens. 2 guys try to climb in saying we work etc and I'm saying no I dont need anyone. Well they keep climbing in and will not listen acting like they dont understand english or dont care I'm saying no. Turns out they understand Glock crystal clear. As he slides to the middle and turns to talk to me he put the bridge of his nose against my Glock. I say get the phuck out and he runs over the poor guy who was following him in and the rest in the back bail as they see what was happening.

Being stuck in a seatbelts in a vehicle you cant move is about the worst position, tactically, you can be in. These pukes are, in my area at least, were basically extortionists as they were starting to pressure people for money to make them get out of people's trucks if they didnt need work. For a while local PDs were breaking up the groups as there were shootings and beatings over who controlled the area these guys loitered in. If new guys tried to group up elsewhere the gangs would run them off, it was pay a fee and get online according to how much you paid or get an ars beating, at best.

I'd hit the freeway and start driving out into the desert. Sooner or later they'll either jump or dehydrate.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We needed some work at the facility I run, home office in LA said to hire day laborers at Home Depot.

I had to explain to them that TX doesn’t work like that...

Some HD’s in LA have specific areas set aside for laborers to hang out. It’s crazy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Hell some cities have specific areas where day laborers can go to get work. I remember seeing that in Oakland 20 years ago.

Yeah near where I lived in the South Bay, they took some land from a park and converted it into such an area, with a special lane and an island so people would quit stopping in the street to pick guys up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Hell some cities have specific areas where day laborers can go to get work. I remember seeing that in Oakland 20 years ago.

Plano did that for a while. Laborers signed up and Plano collected and paid taxes. Not sure they still do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I praise the guy for standing his ground, but it seems he doesn't really have much to do with Home Depot anymore, so it's hard to say what the company believes. Shop where you want.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    There are many trump supporters who will not admit that they are. That is why when they say approval is like 47% i tell people add about 5-7% to it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There are many trump supporters who will not admit that they are. That is why when they say approval is like 47% i tell people add about 5-7% to it.
    The direction the far left is pushing the democrat candidates in, I expect it will climb.

Top Bottom