• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    C. Halbert,

Such comments are called "statements against interest" & IF you've asked NO questions beyond: name, address, phone number & occupation, such "spontaneous admissions" are admissable at court, presuming that you have sound/video to prove that you asked no other questions.
    (I seldom talked to a suspect, who was not already in our office & in an interview room.)

yours, satx

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    C. Halbert,

Such comments are called "statements against interest" & IF you've asked NO questions beyond: name, address, phone number & occupation, such "spontaneous admissions" are admissable at court, presuming that you have sound/video to prove that you asked no other questions.
    (I seldom talked to a suspect, who was not already in our office & in an interview room.)
    yours, satx

As I said this topic is way off course and is getting boring. I'll give it up, you and satx win. Have a good night.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    C. Halbert,

Btw, IF I actually HAD to transport a subject, I made a point of saying, "SAY NOTHING, please". & "I'm not going to ask you anything, as I'm driving & don't want to have an accident."
    (My bright red Cherokee Chief SW, which we took from a drug dealer, was wired for sound/video, just in case I had to move someone from place to place.)

ADDENDA: I seldom used the system for its intended purpose BUT my secretary could access the sound/video & it was helpful as a "fancy" dictation machine. = For example, I could say, "Mary Ann, please prepare a memo for record in the usual format, reference the burglary of building XXX & directing that a physical security study be done ASAP, with a copy furnished to the Colonel/me."
    Oftentimes, "Mary Ann" would have a FINISHED memo/letter ready for signature by the time that I got to the office. - That saved both of us time/effort.
    (A happy "unintended consequence".)
    COMMENT: A talented/smart/efficient secretary, who KNOWS how you think, is a pearl beyond price. = Mary Ann was a peach.

Criminals like to BRAG about their "exploits", so I had them on video/sound & sometimes they made one of those "statements against interest", that later was used against them in court, with PROOF that I had asked them to say NOTHING while I was driving..

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom