• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IT4me

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    By the River, under a tree
    Many years ago , a group of friends went to the lake to camp, fish , ski, etc. Arrived late at nite , threw the old fashioned cabin tent on the ground , crawled into the sleeping bags, on top of the tent, next day did our lake thing, that night setting around the camp fire, we started noticing shadows that seemed to be moving, someone shined a light , THERE WERE HUNDREDS & HUNDREDS OF TARANTULAS walking through the campsite. evidentially it was migration time and had been for a week, this was a nightly occurrence for the long weekend. Glad the tent had been zipped up that day when we finally set it up
    Gun Zone Deals

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I’ve kissed a few snappers in my day, but I’ve never kissed a big ole snapper that bites back.

196CD18F-EAF2-4B3A-838F-F212E793BDEA.gif

Attachments

• 196CD18F-EAF2-4B3A-838F-F212E793BDEA.gif
      196CD18F-EAF2-4B3A-838F-F212E793BDEA.gif
      4.4 MB · Views: 237

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Have a few decent memories of snake while in Africa. Jumped out of the truck to shoot a lethargic snake that was arms length out of a hole. As I got near I was warned it was a Mozambique spitting Cobra. I spotted a black mamba that hung out in a tree by one of the out houses. They kept a rubber black snake they like to leave around in camp for pranks until I pointed out the mamba. The camp boy who was tasked in killing it almost got bit. Rock python track that was as wide as my thigh change me from eland hunting to python tracking. For everything I seen I often wondered what I didn't see.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No bad stories. Hope to keep it that way. My little ones are running around a lot more. Had a young rattlebug coiled up under my back porch rocking chair one warm spring day last year. My 1yr old had been playing on the back porch for about 2 hours. I was sweeping the porch off when I noticed it. Freaked me out. 9mm rat shot did the trick. I do not kill them in their natural setting, I give them a pass. But, If their close to the house, I 86 them.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Have a few decent memories of snake while in Africa. Jumped out of the truck to shoot a lethargic snake that was arms length out of a hole. As I got near I was warned it was a Mozambique spitting Cobra. I spotted a black mamba that hung out in a tree by one of the out houses. They kept a rubber black snake they like to leave around in camp for pranks until I pointed out the mamba. The camp boy who was tasked in killing it almost got bit. Rock python track that was as wide as my thigh change me from eland hunting to python tracking. For everything I seen I often wondered what I didn't see.
    THIS is why we have 12 ga shotguns.

Top Bottom