n5QVry.gif
      1.1 MB · Views: 754

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I am a fan of both the 92 and CZ handguns. From my experience you can get better performance out of the beretta 92 trigger for less money than with a CZ. I took a 92FS and 92A1 and added a Beretta D spring (polished the bottom), polished the hammer spring strut, installed WC short reach trigger and Beretta Elite hammer and the trigger is amazing! Plus the 92 is easy to work on.

I own a CZ SP-01 Tac, 75b Omega, P07, P09 and P01 Omega. The Omega trigger is fairly easy to work on. I have found though that it takes more to get these triggers nice. I have installed (all CGW Parts) hammer springs, reduced power TRS, extended firing pin with spring and bent the trigger bar spring down a little. This helped the triggers a lot, but not even close to that Beretta 92 triggers I have now.

My SP-01 Tac I would love to have a full CGW kit done by them, but that is up around $500 bucks. I have fired one with the Comp kit and it was SWEET! However, with the few parts I put in my 92FS and A1, those triggers are very close in performance I think.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Interesting gun. The features on there make me think it's made to be a USPSA Limited or Open gun. Though it is on the IPSC production list, it's not on the USPSA production list.

Beretta has the MSRP listed at $1399.00.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Beretta has the MSRP listed at $1399.00.

Hmmmm. Well I have to wait and see what the street price is but if it stays at or very close to the MSRP of $1399 I may have to pass on that one. I can get a very nice Tanfoglio all steel match grade pistol for just under $1000.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Has anyone bought one of these yet? I want one pretty bad but I’m saving my money for when they ship the compact 92x.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    I got to shoot an old 92fs today and the trigger had a horrible amount of stacking. I understand the G model spring solved this issue and the m9a3 I dry fired at the Gibsons in Weatherford had a wonderful trigger.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Were I going to spend a lot of money, I'd buy a Colt! But's that's just me! :green:

If I were going to spend a lot of money on a pistol I'd buy a Hayes Custom or a TRIARC.

For reference the non performance models are in the $700-800 range.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    With Beretta bringing back the Centurion as one of the new 92X pistols I will likely be getting one of those as all the controls will be metal on it as well as it coming in a G model decocker only version and both the rear and front sights will be removable.

As far as the expensive 92X Performance pistol is concerned I will not be getting it. I decided to get the EAA/Tanfoglio Stock II match pistol in 9mm. It was over $300 less then the 92X Performance and when comparing the two I preferred the Stock II.

Last edited:

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    With Beretta bringing back the Centurion as one of the new 92X pistols I will likely be getting one of those as all the controls will be metal on it as well as it coming in a G model decocker only version and both the rear and front sights will be removable.

As far as the expensive 92X Performance pistol is concerned I will not be getting it. I decided to get the EAA/Tanfoglio Stock II match pistol in 9mm. It was over $300 less then the 92X Performance and when comparing the two I preferred the Stock II.

Yes sir, I figure the used market for the competition models will be soft. I'll just wait.

The Centurions are cool but I want a compact bad. My FFL guy has standing orders to order me one as soon as they start shipping.

I think all the 92x models can be ordered with safety or decocker only but they can also be switched back and forth. I suspect they're using the same system Beretta sells for retrofitting older model 92 guns into decocker only guns.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    My FFL guy has standing orders to order me one as soon as they start shipping.

FYI

The 92X compact is unique as it will be the only 92X model that will have one version with rails and another without them. I already have one of the older 92 compacts that came without rails as they are less bulky than the ones with it.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    FYI

The 92X compact is unique as it will be the only 92X model that will have one version with rails and another without them. I already have one of the older 92 compacts that came without rails as they are less bulky than the ones with it.

The model number I gave him to order is the decocker only railed version. I end up needing a weapon light a fair amount - mostly for critter removal around the house.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom