• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Even a less than stellar night of hunting can be made great when shooting sows, particularly pregnant sows. We came away with just 3 hogs for the night, but my partner managed to shoot a medium-sized sow with a whopping FOURTEEN fetuses onboard. I shot another with an addition 6 onboard, the overall impact on the pig population being a -23.

I like to cut open pregnant sows and see how many are onboard. I find that my landowners really like to see what sort of impact we are having on the local hogs and they like knowing that we aren't just killing the current generation, but working on the next generation as well. In 15 years of hog hunting, I have probably only killed a handful of sows that were pregnant with 10 or more and my largest score was 13. As for his part, my buddy had only seen 12 as a maximum before this 14 pack. Very impressive sow and a good one to have killed.

Halves Together reduced 2.jpg

Here is the video from the hunt...
    Texas SOT

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Even a less than stellar night of hunting can be made great when shooting sows, particularly pregnant sows. We came away with just 3 hogs for the night, but my partner managed to shoot a medium-sized sow with a whopping FOURTEEN fetuses onboard. I shot another with an addition 6 onboard, the overall impact on the pig population being a -23.

I like to cut open pregnant sows and see how many are onboard. I find that my landowners really like to see what sort of impact we are having on the local hogs and they like knowing that we aren't just killing the current generation, but working on the next generation as well. In 15 years of hog hunting, I have probably only killed a handful of sows that were pregnant with 10 or more and my largest score was 13. As for his part, my buddy had only seen 12 as a maximum before this 14 pack. Very impressive sow and a good one to have killed.

View attachment 414284

Here is the video from the hunt...

Your math is wonky. Everyone knows that for every 4 feral hogs born 6 survive.;)

Great work. Really enjoy reading your posts.

Top Bottom