• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    If you're in the market for a good OTC antibiotic ointment, such as Bacitracin, I recommend CVS pharmacy where a 1 oz tube is $6. If you get it "with zinc", it's even less expensive. Don't do, as SWMBO did recently and get it at the ER. There, it's $106.00 for 1/2 oz. tube. Part of a total bill (to Medicare) for ~$2900 for her to get 2 stitches.

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    What??? That can't be! With the federal government even more involved in health care everything is supposed to be cheaper. I know this because the president said so! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Don't get me started on obunghole care

It was bad before Ocare as well (because it wasn't anything close to a real free market). I seem to remember my last hospital visit involving a $60 charge just as an admin fee for my tetanus shot. Applying two butterfly sutures (I was right on the edge of needing stiches, the whole reason I went to the ER) was upwards of like 400. The total bill came out somewhere around 3 grand for the whole thing (fixing up a very deep but very clean cut in a finger) before negotiation. And this was all uninsured straight payments.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    She Who Must Be Obeyed

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Went to see a doc about knee pain - he recommended a shot (injection). They wouldn't accept me paying cash - said it had to go through my insurance - they didn't even know WHAT their *real* cost was, for the shot. (That's how far removed the whole situation has come from reality!)

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Sad. And people still want to act like it is a failure of free market policies when that industry has been in bed with gov for decades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom