• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Guys, this thread is for all things vaping. We can discuss vaping, gear, tips, etc. This can be the trading thread too. I'm interested in trying new things and hearing your vaping experiences. This thread is for everyone. If you're not into vaping still feel free to post on the topic.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Right now I'm using the Kangertech EVOD2 and 1000 ma battery.

Also have an Aspire BDC tank that I actually liked better, but when I went for new coils all they had were 2.6ohm. I preferred it with the 1.8. Hold more liquid though and gave good pulls.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm using a itaste MVP 2.0. Its 2600 mah, variable voltage, and variable wattage. I use a combination of tanks. Usually a iclear30 or Kangertech pro tank 3. I like the iclear better. The kangertech is bdc but I've found it makes no difference. Wicks work great. I guess the benifit is you can run it lower on liquid. I have a couple iclear16s. They are nice. When I got them I thought they were disposible but found out the coils are replaceable. They will also work with iclear30 coils. My only gripe with the iclear30 is the rotating metal drip tip. I've about knocked out a front tooth. I prefer plastic tips for that sole reason.

Ben let her know . She probably has something good to contribute.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm guessing you're running the larger tanks.

I've stuck to those closer to pen/sharpie size. The EVOD2 seems like I have to refill it constantly. Fairly annoying compared to the Aspire.

Haven't had to much trouble with the metal tips, but I do have to be careful not to rest my elbow on anything in the truck when I get a drag.

Preferred the older 1 piece plastic tip design.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    The 2 iclear16s look like the stardust non rebuildable tanks. They are dual coil and rebuild able. No thicker than a sharpy. But once you start running a 2600 mah battery tank size doesn't matter because the battery is large.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Lungs were made for air. History has shown that putting other stuff in there is never a positive thing.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    No such thing as clean air anymore, unless it is canned.
    All three boys vap now instead of smoke. They are trying to get me to. Don't know what they use though

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    I quite smoking back in 80's. Not my cup O Tea.

Glad to hear you quit.
    I am sure that some people may vape for pleasure. I vape because it help me quit smoking after 30 years when nothing else worked. There are lots of questions but very few answers about the safety of vaping. I knew what cigarettes were doing to me and I don't really see any way this could be worse.
    Even my doctor was happy to see me make the change.
    I intend to quit vaping when I don't need nicotine anymore.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I switched from smoking to vaping 4 years ago after a 40 something year cigarette habit. I was a chain smoker after work and on weekends.

I've been using 1100 mah Ego style batteries with 1.7 Ohm cartomizers and 24 mg juice.
    I basically have 4 Ego rigs that I use throughout the day. I get all my juice online, either from Freedom Smoke USA or Backwoods Brew.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So you've been vaping for 4 years. Any advice? Where do you buy liquid?

I buy everything online. It took me about a year of sampling many different flavors from many different vendors to settle on a few good ones. I always got tired of the fruit and candy flavors, so ended up sticking with tobacco flavors. I started out with 12mg nicotine juice, but found that wasn't enough. I went to 18mg, and then 24mg, which I have been using for the last 3 years.

Two places I order juice from now. www.FreedomSmokeUSA.com and www.BackwoodsBrew.net. The Backwoods Brew Casa Blanca is awesome. As is their Adirondack and Backo.

For hardware, www.Madvapes.com has a huge selection. I buy my cartomizers from www.CrystalClearVaping.com Always free shipping. And lately, I've been getting the EGO batteries and kits from www.HoosierEcig.com. 5% off with coupon code 5off.

I intentionally avoid brick and mortar stores because they often charge twice the price of online stores for juice and hardware. The mark-up on vaping hardware is huge.

Best advice: Keep it simple. I don't use variable voltage or wattage devices. No tanks or clearomizers. Just good ol' Ego style batteries and XL cartomizers. The best cartos I have found are the Smoke Tech, XL, 1.7 ohm from Crystal Clear Vaping. AKA "Resurrectors".

I have also learned that there is no "one stop shopping" for supplies. One store may have great juice, but lousy hardware or vice versa.

If you want to learn everything there is to know about vaping, join the forum at e-cigarette-forums. The biggest and friendliest vaping forum out there.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    /
    In the other thread you said ...
    Search "nnokin iTaste MVP V2.0 with iClear 30 or 2 x iClear Clearomizer" on eBay $42.99. Pick the one with the iclear30. It'll come with 2 iclear16s as well. This is one of the best set ups out there if you're a heavy smoker. Buy 24mg juice from Best E Liquid Flavors - Vixen Vapors. they ship free on Fridays and are out of Arlington.
    And now, here ...

I'm using a itaste MVP 2.0. Its 2600 mah, variable voltage, and variable wattage. I use a combination of tanks. Usually a iclear30 or Kangertech pro tank 3. I like the iclear better. The kangertech is bdc but I've found it makes no difference. Wicks work great. I guess the benifit is you can run it lower on liquid. I have a couple iclear16s. They are nice. When I got them I thought they were disposible but found out the coils are replaceable. They will also work with iclear30 coils. My only gripe with the iclear30 is the rotating metal drip tip. I've about knocked out a front tooth. I prefer plastic tips for that sole reason.
    Is the recommended Innokin a complete (minus juice), ready to vap package or not? Is the 2nd quote just mods that you prefer?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Yes it is a complete ready to use starter kit. The only thing you need is liquid.

Eta: the seller on eBay is totalvapes. Authentic innokin and ships free. Like I posted in the other thread, if you select the iclear30 option it'll come as a MVP 2.0 starter kit which includes 2 iclear16 tanks, mvp2.0 battery and charger. The iclear30 will be.in the same package in a smaller box.

Last edited:

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I don't smoke cigarettes, and I am completely ignorant about the e-cigarettes. (Is an e-cigarette the same thing as 'vaping'?) I saw this thread and thought I would try to learn something. Do e-cigarettes have any negative health connotations at all, since the user is not inhaling any actual tobacco smoke?

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    Nate,
    Yes, ecigs are what produce the vapor.

Is it completely safe? Not likely. But then again, neither is driving or medication.
    There have been no long term studies of the effects from vaping so, in the long run, nobody really knows.

Top Bottom