• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I called the Texas Legislature today. I asked for any information about amending gun laws in the state of Texas. Such as open carry, and the restrictive concealed carry laws.
    I couldnt get anything out of these people. Zip, Zero, Zilch!!!
    I even asked if I could get the number of anyone else that may be able to help me.
    All I got was hung up on, cause I kinda got pissed after I told them im offended how other states have better gun laws than Texas does.

Does anybody know of anything being brought up in the next Legislature session?
    Capitol Armory ad

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I called the Texas Legislature today. I asked for any information about amending gun laws in the state of Texas. Such as open carry, and the restrictive concealed carry laws.
    I couldnt get anything out of these people. Zip, Zero, Zilch!!!
    I even asked if I could get the number of anyone else that may be able to help me.
    All I got was hung up on, cause I kinda got pissed after I told them im offended how other states have better gun laws than Texas does.

Does anybody know of anything being brought up in the next Legislature session?

What you have to do, is contact your house and senate rep., for your area and ask them to sponsor legislation. It is no easy task, but IT CAN BE DONE !

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    You might try the Texas State Rifle Association site. (would have to look it up but do a search).

I'm a member and the bi-monthly magazine is chock full of legislative info. They detail what is going on with gun laws, what is expected to come up next session, and they WORK for the gun owners of Texas. They are the BEST state gun organization in the country.

It's only I think $20 a year to be a member, by the way.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Neither the TSRA nor the NRA are pursuing open-carry legislation. They're more concerned with employer parking lot and campus carry issues. I personally think they have a great opportunity to change direction and target open-carry as a result of the McDonald decision earlier this year. Perry said he's sign it if it came across his desk - all we have to do is get it there, but since neither of our "benefactors" are willing to bring it up, we'll like have to wait until at least 2013. Even worse, Arizona may have inadvertently blocked any chance for new firearm legislation *at all* due to the illegal immigration stuff.

The short version is "don't hold your breath".

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Neither the TSRA nor the NRA are pursuing open-carry legislation. They're more concerned with employer parking lot and campus carry issues. I personally think they have a great opportunity to change direction and target open-carry as a result of the McDonald decision earlier this year. Perry said he's sign it if it came across his desk - all we have to do is get it there, but since neither of our "benefactors" are willing to bring it up, we'll like have to wait until at least 2013. Even worse, Arizona may have inadvertently blocked any chance for new firearm legislation *at all* due to the illegal immigration stuff.

We need to start a letter to lobby for better gun rights. Those rights belong to us as American Citizens.
    How about a Website letter. Something that can be directed to all of our Reps.
    If we dont push for it, it wont get done!!

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    We need to start a letter to lobby for better gun rights. Those rights belong to us as American Citizens.
    If we don't push for it, it won't get done!!

Yeah, we all know that, but without the backing of one/both off those organizations to pressure the legislators, our voices will just bounce off the capitol building. The legislators know we want open-carry, but nobody wants to sponsor the bill.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Yeah, we all know that, but without the backing of one/both off those organizations to pressure the legislators, our voices will just bounce off the capitol building. The legislators know we want open-carry, but nobody wants to sponsor the bill.

Well OK then, Let start a TGT letter to let them know what we want!!! I write a nice little letter and post it for opinions. We can then edit it to fit the common agenda.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas

This is a question of priorities. My priorities are different than yours. I don't give two cents for open carry, but desperately want carry on college campuses to become legal. Open carry doesn't do me any good if carrying where I work, on a college campus, nets me 2 to 10 years in prison, whether it is open or concealed. What is the big deal about open carry anyway? Why is open carry more important than eliminating defenseless victim zones, like colleges? If your son or daughter was in college would you feel differently? If you had to work where you could only rely on pepper spray because the most effective device for defense (a gun) would land you in prison with a felony conviction (good-bye gun rights), would you think differently?

Actually, I would like to see open or concealed carry legal without a license, and legal in some of the places where it is now a felony to carry in Texas, but I want to be realistic in my expectations. We did not get our rights restricted all at once, and we won't get them back all at once. Personally, I think that the best strategy is to first expand concealed-carry rights, then go for open carry. After all, open carry won't be worth much if the number of places where it is legal to carry are restricted so much that many or most places are off-limits for either.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    This is a question of priorities. My priorities are different than yours. I don't give two cents for open carry, but desperately want carry on college campuses to become legal. Open carry doesn't do me any good if carrying where I work, on a college campus, nets me 2 to 10 years in prison, whether it is open or concealed. What is the big deal about open carry anyway? Why is open carry more important than eliminating defenseless victim zones, like colleges? If your son or daughter was in college would you feel differently? If you had to work where you could only rely on pepper spray because the most effective device for defense (a gun) would land you in prison with a felony conviction (good-bye gun rights), would you think differently?

Actually, I would like to see open or concealed carry legal without a license, and legal in some of the places where it is now a felony to carry in Texas, but I want to be realistic in my expectations. We did not get our rights restricted all at once, and we won't get them back all at once. Personally, I think that the best strategy is to first expand concealed-carry rights, then go for open carry. After all, open carry won't be worth much if the number of places where it is legal to carry are restricted so much that many or most places are off-limits for either.

I agree with you on the legal to carry without a license. I hate that license crap!
    I disagree with you on the all at once comment! Alaska and Arizona singned into effect this year Constitutional Carry.
    Constitutional gun law handles it all!
    I once again want to stress the issue of talking about it. Talking about it aint getting nothin done!

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If we dont push for it, it wont get done!!

You'll get MUCH better results if you contact your rep and explain your position in your own words.

My guy, Randy Weber, has staff that gives personal replies to emails still (as opposed to copied and pasted form replies). I'm kind of happy about that. They're going to keep hearing from me too.

Top Bottom