• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    We spoke at length when we met and I had already told him I could meet just to look since he happened to be close by. Again, our schedules for the rest of the day just did not line up. Deal is done. I understand what you mean though. Just how it is sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Guns International

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    dog pee line.jpg

Attachments

• dog pee line.jpg
      dog pee line.jpg
      18.4 KB · Views: 226

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    NO One gets a pic of my ID. Period. If I decide to, I MIGHT show you I have one. But you don't get info off it.
    No BOS unless you have an FFL or collectors license and you show it to me for your bound book.
    Neither are required in Texas.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Same here. Private sales are allowed and they should stay that way......private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Isn't that the best way to acquire a firearm? Otherwise, feels a lot like registration.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Maybe I'm slow, but what was illegal or shady about his WTB ad?

I see it was edited so maybe something else was said.

I think this is the site I've used a couple of times when I got a cheaper gun, not a sketchy character but just for peace of mind. I don't know if it's a current database though. https://www.hotgunz.com/ Affter reading it again, it looks like these are only user submitted so can't be 100%.

Last edited:

coolpop6307

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2018
    US
    I'm pretty sure a bos is not gonna save your butt in any instance. And I may be wrong on that
    But if the sale looks sketchy enough to me that I am thinking bill of sale then it's more than likely a no go for me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Pretty sure you can sell to anyone you would like, but a bill of sale is recommended to give a paper trail for yourself. I have seen some people who only sell to current Texas LTC holders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    I buy and sell a lot of firearms. Most of my deals are with individuals.
    My uncle is a Texas lawyer. I asked him about the bill of sale issue. He told me unless you get the transaction notarized by a Notary Public official, it is just your word against their's.
    I prefer to deal with people that have a LTC, but it is not a deal killer (pardon the pun) if they don't.

I sold a gun to a guy several years ago. We met in Terrell for the transfer. During the deal, I asked if he had a CHL. He said he had better than that. He flipped open his wallet, and I am looking at two badges. One was an FBI badge and the other was a Homeland Security Badge. I almost fainted. I thought sure I was going to jail. The guy just laughed and apologized for the start. He was a super nice guy.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My uncle is a Texas lawyer. I asked him about the bill of sale issue. He told me unless you get the transaction notarized by a Notary Public official, it is just your word against their's.

Really?

Woman A is found murdered with a firearm nearby. I trace the gun and it comes back to Man B. Man B tells me he has an un-notarized BOS selling the gun to Man A, 2 weeks prior to the murder. Man B also positively identifies Man A from photos. Turns out Man A is also married to Woman A. yada, yada, yada.

According to your Uncle, Man A is found not guilty because the BOS is not notarized. ROFL.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I sold a gun to a guy several years ago. We met in Terrell for the transfer. During the deal, I asked if he had a CHL. He said he had better than that. He flipped open his wallet, and I am looking at two badges. One was an FBI badge and the other was a Homeland Security Badge. I almost fainted. I thought sure I was going to jail. The guy just laughed and apologized for the start. He was a super nice guy.

Neither badge means squat. He could still be out-of-state resident.

Also, FBI is part of DOJ, not DHS. Highly unusual for an FBI agent to have DHS credentials. That would raise suspicions he was a fake.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    You missed the point. A bill of sale is just a piece of paper unless it is notarized. Ever buy a car?
    Let me clarify this other issue. The fellow was a retired FBI agent. He was working for the DHS at the time of the sale.
    I took the guys word for who is was and what he was.
    I apologize to Renegade the super owner, for seeming to know what I was talking about.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You missed the point. A bill of sale is just a piece of paper unless it is notarized.

And that piece of paper does not need to be notarized to be effective. Thousands of times a day, un-notarized docs are entered into court as evidence, and even more are used by investigators to solve crimes.

I will also add, the ENTIRE CHAIN OF CUSTODY from MFG to DIST to DEALER to BUYER of a firearm is NOT notarized. Yet it is still used to obtain convictions every day.

The fellow was a retired FBI agent. He was working for the DHS at the time of the sale.

Still does not show he is a resident. He might as well of showed you his Texas Gun Talk Badge. Law Enforcement IMO is the worst source of knowing current firearms laws.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom