• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well it’s a done deal. The wife decided that she wanted him. He sure ain’t what they claimed he was. While he is somewhat Australia Shepherd in color his body & energy level are not.

Along with their claims of being house broken. He will be needing some serious training before coming inside.

I’m convinced that he had very little human contact. And what he had was abuse. He tends to cower some when I go to pet his head. View attachment 250297 View attachment 250298

That's sad.
    Just have some patience, and don't raise your voice.
    Hopefully he will come to trust and love you.

ETA: The house broken issue might just be out of fear.
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's sad.

^^^Ditto.^^^

If the dog has been abused in the past, it will have some trust issues, and will take some time to learn to trust you. But they do come around, and when they do learn to trust you, they will be almost glued to your side!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Socialization
    Attention
    Training
    The THREE keys to making ANY dog a GOOD dog

Socialize it often and with a latge variety of people/places.

PAY attention to it. A dog needs more than put outside fed and watered. You like being left alone hours on end and then ignored when someone is around.? Dogs the same.
    Teach/Train it.

The dog is ONLY as smart as it owner/master MAKES it all dogs are born equally dum aside from what nature provided um. Anything else YOU need to teach them.

However not all but for sure too many pet owners do NOT do some,or any of these things.

Yet they wonder why (and blame the animal) their pwt is so STUPID.

Grab a mirror youll see your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ec99a5529428cd7f5f2768216f76be66.jpg

e0d426e6fddbc8c3b5178f6fdf9b0682.jpg

Bevo had him 12 yrs. been gone 6 now. Still miss the foo.
    Not so. I tell my friends the secret to my happiness is that I married a woman a lot smarter than I am. Then we got the beagle. We had a sock we played tug of war with and the little guy was carrying it around and getting it tangled with his paws. He put it down and folded it twice and trotted off with it. Right then I knew I was number three and my wife and the doggie could fight it out for first. He's ten now and still smarter than me. He know he gets supper at 5:30 and his green beans at eight. We can set the clock by his internal clock.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Not so. I tell my friends the secret to my happiness is that I married a woman a lot smarter than I am. Then we got the beagle. We had a sock we played tug of war with and the little guy was carrying it around and getting it tangled with his paws. He put it down and folded it twice and trotted off with it. Right then I knew I was number three and my wife and the doggie could fight it out for first. He's ten now and still smarter than me. He know he gets supper at 5:30 and his green beans at eight. We can set the clock by his internal clock.

Coop45,

GREEN BEANS???

yours, satx

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    ^^^Ditto.^^^

If the dog has been abused in the past, it will have some trust issues, and will take some time to learn to trust you. But they do come around, and when they do learn to trust you, they will be almost glued to your side!
    We adopted a dog who was raised by a woman and her kids for six months and if I didn't use a high pitched voice he would pee the floor, but he soon accepted me. He was my wife's dog from the get go. We got 16 great years of his company.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That's sad.

ETA: The house broken issue might just be out of fear.
    When we went to the adoption place was in a cage inside. They brought him out to a play area were he marked his territory. He failed in showing much energy once he was free inside the play area. He definitely knew who had been taking care of him @ the adoption center.

Once back inside he pissed all over the place including on another dog, but their office reeked anyway. When we went back outside for a family picture he started to piss on my wife. Back tour place I took him straight to the fenced back yard to check it out. He pee again but less marking like. On the screened back porch he started to pee on his bed.

He will end up fine. I have been hanging out with him on the screened in back porch. He pretty curious about inside the house, but he won't have free run. With the temperatures dropping tonight the wife wants to put him in the butlers pantry for the night.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Our current dog was passed along several households before ending up with us.
    She would cower from me at first, obviously having been abused.

It's been 10+ years now, and she's great.

Our boy Scotch came from the shelter. He has been with us for five years and if you reach for the top of his head he still flinches - it’s almost imperceptible but still there after all these years. I hate that people abuse these dogs but all we can do is try to make up for it,
    B341A778-B483-48DA-8F5E-28421B200087.jpeg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Got my pooch on the side of the road. Vet thinks she was around 4 weeks. Flea infested, anemic, so weak she could barely stand, white gums and tongue.

she got a ton of tlc from us. Diced calf liver 4 times a day for two months, Naps on moms chest, Numerous trips to the vet, an army of stuffed animals to sleep with, goat milk on her food at every meal. You would never know by looking at her that she was close to death.

inside dog, cream puff who pretty much loves everybody. As hard as her beginning was, she’s had a charmed life since we picked her up.

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Got my pooch on the side of the road. Vet thinks she was around 4 weeks. Flea infested, anemic, so weak she could barely stand, white gums and tongue.

she got a ton of tlc from us. Diced calf liver 4 times a day for two months, Naps on moms chest, Numerous trips to the vet, an army of stuffed animals to sleep with, goat milk on her food at every meal. You would never know by looking at her that was close to death.

inside dog, cream puff who pretty much loves everybody. As hard as her beginning was, she’s had a charmed life since we picked her up.
    Would you consider adopting me?

Top Bottom