• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Milly misses her buddy Lola. But she just follows me around now. Always within petting reach.....
    We love this old mutt.
    IMG_4909.JPG

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    We are going to check out an Australian Shepherd/Cattle Dog mix around noon. This will be the wife pick on this dawg. I asked her if she was going to be responsible for food, veterinarian & so forth? She claimed she's ready to give up smoking for him.

Supposedly we are going to be the first to see him. We both are pretty excited about getting another dawg. Hopefully this rescue aint all up-ity like Belgian Malinois rescue who declined me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Don't hold your breath, my GF has quit smoking half a dozen times in return for something.

She still smokes....

iMac

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    North Texas
    41e3e1a6a6bf73008392032ce5b2461a.jpg

This is Teddy, the newest member of our family. Very independent for a 16 week old Puppy. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old and he has fit right in. Keeps our 4 year old Red Heeler happy since she has somebody to play with.
    My wife says only Corgi’s from now on.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Don't hold your breath, my GF has quit smoking half a dozen times in return for something.

She still smokes....
    Did she say how long she would quit for???
    My uncle said quitting smoking was easy. He's done it a 100 times or more.
    He just don't stay quit very long.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    We are going to check out an Australian Shepherd/Cattle Dog mix around noon. This will be the wife pick on this dawg. I asked her if she was going to be responsible for food, veterinarian & so forth? She claimed she's ready to give up smoking for him.

Supposedly we are going to be the first to see him. We both are pretty excited about getting another dawg. Hopefully this rescue aint all up-ity like Belgian Malinois rescue who declined me.
    I'll just drop this right here.

1617292840105.png

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

baboon,

FYI, the Australian Cattle Dog is already a crossbreed, with Australian Shepherd & DINGO.
    (The ACD is the Aussie equivalent of our TEXAS BLUE LACEY & has a VERY SIMILAR temperment. = Our TX Blue Lacey is part COYOTE & SOME of the lines have some infusion of GRAY WOLF blood)

GREAT DOGS except for 2 things. = They are almost always ONE PERSON dogs & are often hard to housebreak.
    (Heaven help the person who bothers your lady, IF the dog "BONDS TO" her.= An old friend of mine & his wife raise those dogs & her champion "cattle working bitch" has to be locked up when invited company comes to their farm, as she does NOT want anybody, other than Dottie's husband, to even be CLOSE TO his wife/baby.)

yours, satx

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well it’s a done deal. The wife decided that she wanted him. He sure ain’t what they claimed he was. While he is somewhat Australia Shepherd in color his body & energy level are not.

Along with their claims of being house broken. He will be needing some serious training before coming inside.

I’m convinced that he had very little human contact. And what he had was abuse. He tends to cower some when I go to pet his head.
    846710EE-198D-4700-996D-7FF900074584.jpeg
    98246127-B73C-44FC-8E0F-2E3CF1465301.jpeg

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Well it’s a done deal. The wife decided that she wanted him. He sure ain’t what they claimed he was. While he is somewhat Australia Shepherd in color his body & energy level are not.

Along with their claims of being house broken. He will be needing some serious training before coming inside.

I’m convinced that he had very little human contact. And what he had was abuse. He tends to cower some when I go to pet his head. View attachment 250297 View attachment 250298

baboon,

WITH LUCK, your lady may end up with a GOOD Cattle Dog.
    (It may become a HOLY TERROR around strangers. = My friend's wife's "EMILY" certainly fits that description.)

yours, satx

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Back in my youth I had a good friend whose family owned a big garage. They had the proverbial junkyard dog out back in their fenced area.

One day we were back there looking for something. I was warned about the dog, but went over to check him out. My buddy was freaking out because the whole family was scared of it. They only would get at chains length to him.

I walked up on the dog and it was wagging it’s tail. As I started petting him, he grabbed my foot. This was huge dog and it picked my foot up. He had enough pressure on my foot to pick it up, but not enough to hurt me.

That dog could have easily mauled me, but didn’t. I actually think that dog was just starved for attention. After that whenever I went there I go visit that dog. The family remained scared of it.
    A friend had a dobie that would allow you free entry into the back yard, but would bark to get you to come back and pet him somemore

Top Bottom