• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    i can’t stop looking at those Tavor X95’s. I’m an AR guy but this bull pup is fascinating. Anyone have one?
    I have the Tavor SAR. I never had ARs or any habits for training with them so I opted for the original. I love it. The X95 isn't that much different, just has controls similar to the AR. They definitely aren't precision rifles, but they can definitely do what they're intended for

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    The short length without being an SBR is what I like. Would be the perfect truck gun.
    That's the idea behind them. Being able to use them easily in vehicles as well as CQB. They take a little bit to get used to, because they are short. My SAR is 26.25" OAL. I believe the X95 with 16" barrel is the same. They're supposed to be releasing an SBR version this year of the X95

JoeLeft4Tx

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2019
    Kyle, TX
    Yep I’m interested. Having a 16” barrel with that overall length would do the trick. I’ve shot many rifles in the military. I could get used to the layout. Thanks for the input

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I have the SAR and enjoy it very much. I've had a few friends shoot it along with my Aug and most love it or hate it. Not sure where you're located, but if you ever want to try one out I'm in between Austin and S.A. and more than welcome to try one out.

JoeLeft4Tx

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2019
    Kyle, TX
    I have the Tavor SAR. I never had ARs or any habits for training with them so I opted for the original. I love it. The X95 isn't that much different, just has controls similar to the AR. They definitely aren't precision rifles, but they can definitely do what they're intended for

Who needs that level of precision? Heck when I was young I could shoot the cap off of a broom stick all day at 200 m and about half the time at 300 m using a 20” AR with dialed in irons. I can’t even see that far anymore. I figure if you can make the bad guy run for cover at 200 m and put him in his back at 100 m that’s pretty much good enough. Right? Everything else is for fun.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I find it a well designed gun, as long as you're willing to operate it as it's intended. Some people don't like the cutlass grip, but I find it to be an integral design choice for the weapon. It's very short and you can't reach out on it, so the cutlass helps you keep tucked in tight and maintain stability of the rifle as well as keep it firmly on your shoulder. The Israeli 6 point of contact method of operation makes sense with the X95 and the SAR, mostly due to it's size. I've found my rifle to be around 2 MOA roughly if I really concentrate on accuracy. I didn't have any malfunctions in the 1000 rounds I've fired through it. I've used an assortment of M193 ball, Hornady TAP, Hornady Varmint Express, Hornady Superformance Varmint, even some nasty old American Eagle stuff that was sitting in the back of a safe for a dozen or so years that wasn't good ammo even when it was new.

The stock trigger for the SAR at least is kind of mushy and really heavy. Mine was about 11 lbs. I got a good deal on the Geissele Super Sabra Trigger pack and Lightning bow. So it's now a 2 stage trigger that's about 5.5 lbs combined between the two stages, and the trigger has < 1/16" take up before a crisp snap for the break. In all honesty, I definitely did not mind the original trigger, though everyone else who shot it said it was the only thing they didn't like. It didn't make for excellent accuracy, but I shot 500 rounds out of it in a sitting and my finger was just fine to keep going.

Another note to be made, is she's a dirty gun. By design the gun will just run very dirty, but it doesn't seem to affect performance at all. It's a long-stroke piston system. Simple, reliable but dirty. If you're accustom to AR's, you may be bothered by the carbon accumulation inside all over the bolt carrier unit, chamber, and receiver. Anyway, that's my notes for food for thought. It's a cool rifle, well built, definitely interesting and will probably draw some attention at the range. It's fun to shoot for sure.

TKS597

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2019
    Houston
    I like the Tavor, though I believe it to be heavier than what it should be. I have compared the X95 against the Steyr AUG and while the AUG is lighter, I believe that it shoot better as well. There aren't a lot of bullpups out there, I know FN discontinued their FS2000. I would recommend shopping around and comparing the rifles to see which one you like better.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Those Augs are crazy expensive. I'd love one, and I bet they're fantastic rifles. If I found one for like $1300 I'd be all over it

TKS597

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2019
    Houston
    Those Augs are crazy expensive. I'd love one, and I bet they're fantastic rifles. If I found one for like $1300 I'd be all over it

The X95 and AUG, especially the A3 M1 (which can use STANAG instead of proprietary magazines), are relatively in the same price range. A rifle at $2000 isn't terrible, but it should be worth the price.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    The X95 and AUG, especially the A3 M1 (which can use STANAG instead of proprietary magazines), are relatively in the same price range. A rifle at $2000 isn't terrible, but it should be worth the price.
    I bought my Tavor SAR new for $1350. I agree it's not a terrible price, but it makes my wallet cry

Sent from my TB-8704V using Tapatalk

TKS597

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2019
    Houston
    I bought my Tavor SAR new for $1350. I agree it's not a terrible price, but it makes my wallet cry

Sent from my TB-8704V using Tapatalk
    I'm a little envious you got one for so cheap. Went to a pawn shop the other day and they were asking 1650 for a used one that looked like it was just dragged behind a truck on a dirt road. Doesn't help that the previous owner decided to install the compensator upside down as well.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I'm a little envious you got one for so cheap. Went to a pawn shop the other day and they were asking 1650 for a used one that looked like it was just dragged behind a truck on a dirt road. Doesn't help that the previous owner decided to install the compensator upside down as well.
    I just waited for a good deal. There was a pretty good amount of watching and waiting. Got it from GunBroker, but it was a guy in rowlett so I just did a ftf for the pickup.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I have an SAR. Had it for 3 years now. It is designed as a battle rifle. It is in my get to cabinet in the house. The trigger is heavy by design. It is dirty to run. Not too tough to clean. It is also like any bull pup, it is loud. I can put a can on it and it still runs great, but gets dirtier. Have prob shot 5000 rounds through it with out a single mal. Have never even thought to check MOA. Do most shooting while moving (private range) and am very effective at killing targets. The bull pups are very quick on target and excellent in tight spaces. Read up on the Israeli development of the SAR. Very impressive and very tough. I own ARs and love them. Have built a couple now for fun. My SAR is my SHTF go to gun.

Top Bottom