• ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Anyone tried it or have firsthand info?

Got an email from them offering this for $95 a year, kind of like Amazon Prime. You get free shipping on all orders, not just case orders, ammo at "wholesale pricing." and "exclusive ammo deals" that are presumably offered to members only.

Their normal prices are decent, but not great. But the enticing thing is being able to order smaller lots or even a few boxes of this and that, different calibers and different brands and grains and doing so with no worry of shipping cost or having to order 1K rounds to get free shipping.

Downside is there's no way to tell what the discounts on ammo generally would be and of course more or less obligated to order only through them to recoup the yearly fee.

Any insight on the normal discounts is appreciated.
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/t-ammoprime.aspx
    Gun Zone Deals

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Googling around, I found several forums where posters were saying that the discounts average 8 to 9 percent. Other comments were overwhelmingly thumbs up. I wish this had been available when I was little by little building up my stock, I would have saved a bundle on shipping. I don't buy enough now to make it worth while.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Googling around, I found several forums where posters were saying that the discounts average 8 to 9 percent. Other comments were overwhelmingly thumbs up. I wish this had been available when I was little by little building up my stock, I would have saved a bundle on shipping. I don't buy enough now to make it worth while.

Thanks....saw that a couple places too. Just doing basic math and using their current 9mm brass prices, it looks like the savings would be 3-3.5 cents a round or so over what I'd normally pay all in. So the break even point would be about 3K rounds a year bought in quantities less than 1K per. Not sure I will exceed that, at least in the next 12 months since I've been adding to my stock quite a bit as well. Tempting though.

I might contact them and just ask for an example on some of their basic 9mm or .223 FMJ brass.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Wonder if a couple of folks could use the same account and address if they lived close enough to do so.

Probably have to go through one individual/address, but don't see why you couldn't split the fee with a friend and just get reimbursed for his orders or vice versa. Would definitely make the fee easier to swallow and able to recoup quicker.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Sounds like you need to get some local folks together with you to make big orders to your house and they can come and get it there. I looked at some prices and money could be saved.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    For anyone interested, I contacted them by email and they confirmed that in addition to the free shipping on all orders, the discount for members on all ammo purchases is 8% off their listed retail price.

Top Bottom