• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I have access to quite a few smaller SCBA aluminum tanks (5 min escape packs)and was wondering if they would be worth grabbing. Their rated at 2160 psi. I know a lot of the PCP guns are rated quite a bit higher than that. If not, does anyone know what pressure the paintball guys run? These were slated for the dumster despite the fact they are still within the certification date (some were recertified in 2017). I have zero experience with either PCP or paintball and hayed to see them go to waste if anyone could use them.

Similar to these:

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/produ...!!g!!&ef_id=Wp9aGgAABoVGMcND:20180510155238:s

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Dude. Forget the paintball stuff. You could use it (refillled with carbon dioxide) for flat tires. It'd need some hose and a different regulator. One bottle looks the size enough for medium size truck tires. I'd figure the off road folks would be jumping on the mini tanks. I'd make a tire inflator out of one or at least attempt it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My BIL hooked up one of these tanks to his air rifle, and made it a full auto. Hilarious to watch. You can see the BB stream.

His dog was in heat, and dogs kept jumping the fence, at which point the dog gets to test out the new jet stream of BBs. I almost peed my pants laughing.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    It might be able to be used to refill a PCP cylinder, but it really depends on the fittings/connections and if a shop would be willing to fill it for you. A tank that small would probably only offer a few refills before it ran out.

That being said, I'd say snag as many as you can now (before they are thrown out) and then do your research to see if they are usable for air guns. If not then you can always get rid of them later.

Top Bottom