• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is. Lol going crazy. I can’t afford to get into a school in this area. It’s not cheap. I was grandfathered in back in Oregon at 75 a month to train as much as I want. I pay 500 a year to keep my online resources open and enrollment open but I just need bodies to help me train.

In order for me to get back into the condition I need to be in to test down in south Texas, it’s gonna give free skills to those who help me.
    What are your testing/training for? If, you dont mind me asking
    Military Camp

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gracie jui jitsu. I also like to keep up on my boxing and kick boxing but that’s not a testing thing.
    Man... I'd really like my kids to learn some of that. But, the closest place is 1.5hr drive. It's just too much to keep up with. I got my 1st dan out in Tae Kwon Do. It was very beneficial to me as a young man. I'm going to see if it's something they will like to try when they get a little older.

What belt you going for, may I ask?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Man... I'd really like my kids to learn some of that. But, the closest place is 1.5hr drive. It's just too much to keep up with. I got my 1st dan out in Tae Kwon Do. It was very beneficial to me as a young man. I'm going to see if it's something they will like to try when they get a little older.

What belt you going for, may I ask?
    Combatives. It’s the very first achievement. Combatives is new. It used to be blue belt was what you test for but now they want combatives first. I’m an odd duck because I regret not testing before I left Oregon. I didn’t because I felt I needed to work on things. I did a lot of things well but they score you on a lot. From even your grip if they see it being done wrong. You get video taped and judged. You cannot score less than a 90. I’m at that 6 or 7 stripes if you were to look at my cards with several full contact sessions.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My Cardiologist said they are very good at telling if you have had a heart attack. Not so good at predicting them. He said I could give you a clean bill of health you could walk downstairs and have a heart attack on the way out and die. Of course, there are things that we can do to mitigate the chances of a heart attack. Jim Fixx a runner died of a heart attack while on a run. So even a healthy lifestyle doesn't stop heart attacks. I think that we get warning signs and just try to push through them. I started having pains in the afternoon and then about 8:00 pm I told the wife to call the ambulance. They came and made me chew three baby aspirin 81mg. I started having a heart attack 3 minutes out from the hospital and brother it hurt something awful. Was rushed upstairs and a stent was put into in 2009. In 2011 had another stent put in. In 2017 I had a quadruple bypass. I wear a tube of Nitro around my neck on my GI ID Tags. Been thinking about getting one for some baby aspirin to hold at least 6.

Good idea keeping the Nitro around your neck. My uncle died on a business trip in Chicago. He was found halfway between the bed and the dresser where his nitro was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom