Join TexasGunTalk

Take care of yourself folks

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by deemus, Apr 22, 2019.

1. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Hold me beer and watch this TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    What are your testing/training for? If, you dont mind me asking

2. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Gracie jui jitsu. I also like to keep up on my boxing and kick boxing but that’s not a testing thing.

FireInTheWire likes this.
  3. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Hold me beer and watch this TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    Man... I'd really like my kids to learn some of that. But, the closest place is 1.5hr drive. It's just too much to keep up with. I got my 1st dan out in Tae Kwon Do. It was very beneficial to me as a young man. I'm going to see if it's something they will like to try when they get a little older.

What belt you going for, may I ask?

4. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Combatives. It’s the very first achievement. Combatives is new. It used to be blue belt was what you test for but now they want combatives first. I’m an odd duck because I regret not testing before I left Oregon. I didn’t because I felt I needed to work on things. I did a lot of things well but they score you on a lot. From even your grip if they see it being done wrong. You get video taped and judged. You cannot score less than a 90. I’m at that 6 or 7 stripes if you were to look at my cards with several full contact sessions.

5. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Only one guy in all of Texas in new braunfels where I gotta test so I’m pretty much having to keep the ball going myself

6. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a friend in Frisco that does that. He uses a gym in Allen on Stacy Rd.

Sam7sf likes this.
  7. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Active Member

May 8, 2017
    Good idea keeping the Nitro around your neck. My uncle died on a business trip in Chicago. He was found halfway between the bed and the dresser where his nitro was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk