• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It’s Taco Cabana........

And here’s their Corp policy on open carry.

And their thoughts on gun owners

3edac302575ba10e35df33c32529fb7b.jpg

They don’t have the balls to post a 30.06 or 30.07, but don’t want you to OC in their place of business.

Attachments

• 3edac302575ba10e35df33c32529fb7b.jpg
      3edac302575ba10e35df33c32529fb7b.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 549

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    toddnjoyce,

Fyi, in more than a year, I've seen exactly four "30.07" signs in San Antonio/Bexar County. = 3 of those were on cafes that sell a LOT of beer, wine & booze & are probably "51%" establishments.
    (There are a HUGE number of signs posted in the county that state that "unlicensed carry is a felony" but VERY few "legal signs".)

Out of curiosity, I recently asked Deputy Larry ___________ of the BCSD if he had seem ANYBODY open carrying in Bexar County. - He said, "Uniformed police & guards only."

yours, satx

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    toddnjoyce,

Fyi, in more than a year, I've seen exactly four "30.07" signs in San Antonio/Bexar County. = 3 of those were on cafes that sell a LOT of beer, wine & booze & are probably "51%" establishments.
    (There are a HUGE number of signs posted in the county that state that "unlicensed carry is a felony" but VERY few "legal signs".)

Out of curiosity, I recently asked Deputy Larry ___________ of the BCSD if he had seem ANYBODY open carrying in Bexar County. - He said, "Uniformed police & guards only."

yours, satx

Every HEB is 30.07; Whole Foods is both. Costco liquors are now 30.07. Both Torchy’s are 30.07.

The entire Riverwalk is mostly 30.07 and a lot of 30.06.

Though I don’t see a lot of OC, I average seeing one per month in random every day places in far NW San Antonio.

Hell, I don’t mind if they post a 30.07; that’s their prerogative. But I’m interested in whether a judge would consider that sign as having the same force of law as a 30.07 sign.

Like any business, they can ask me to leave or bar me from entering, but if they want my money, they better pick an obvious side. That sign is legally meaningless until a gutless employee or guest calls the cops while in the establishment, legally OC’ing, and the first notice I get is an officer deciding he’s going to teach me a lesson.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    toddnjoyce,

The HEB that I shop at in SA has NEITHER sign, as in NONE at all.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    toddnjoyce,

I've LOOKED for the signs & they are NOT at the entrance at "my" HEB, as of 1900 hours last PM.

COME & SEE for yourself.

yours, satx

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think the law is very clear what constitutes effective notice, so the answer is "no."

I agree, but that doesn’t keep people from getting LE involved. The employees could likely force a general trespass notification under TPC 30.05, which does have defense to prosecution consideration. Legally, I don’t think I can do anything about the trespass unless I’m charged and then I get to use the defense to prosecution.

(f) It is a defense to prosecution that:

(1) the basis on which entry on the property or land or in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was forbidden;  and

(2) the person was carrying:

(A) a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,   1 to carry a handgun;  and

(B) a handgun:

(i) in a concealed manner;  or

(ii) in a shoulder or belt holster.

I don’t want to be that test case.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    What a Burger doesn't have the cajones to post a 30.07 sign. I have never open carried but a fellow walked in open carrying and was asked to leave when there politely. He said if you untuck your shirt I will be glad to serve you. I wrote them about posting a 30.07 sign and got some long winded we love you anyway letter.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    We all have our opinions.

If it was my business and I decided that I'd get more business by not allowing OC, that would by 'MY' decision and if you didn't like it - all I can tell you is it's 'MY' decision.....

Being pro-gun, (I am) but I wouldn't base my business decisions because some who didn't own my business decided they'd get in a snit if I didn't do what 'they' wanted, I'd just laugh....

Call my decision to not post signs, but instead do a no OC verbal notice, so what?

If it was my business and that's how I wanted to conduct it, that's again 'my decision'.

Oh, and I do OC on occasion, but if a business owner/owners decide they do not want me OCing in their business, I as a consumer have plentiful choices elsewhere.

I have no quarrel with HEB or Whataburger if they decide to disallow OC, but have no problem with CC, then I've no problem.

If they were to disallow CC, again I can go elsewhere.

Private stores/restaurants aren't the government and I for one understand it's not my business to run.....I have plenty o'places to trade elsewhere don't I...

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom