Lynx Defense

Suspect Tosses Gun Out Car Window, Cited For Littering As DA Refuses Gun Charges

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This case made the article, but I want to know how many cases of theft or assault are declined.

It reeks of that Dallas crap they came up with where they wouldn’t prosecute people for theft if it wasn’t for “financial gain” or some shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That bitch needs relocate to Chicago.
    If you're talking about DA Ogg, I'm of two minds. She's soft on crime in some ways, yeah, and the police generally don't seem to like her. But there was a too-close relationship between HPD and the previous DA that resulted in massive, almost unbelievable corruption. That situation was what enabled Ogg to get elected the first time.

It's a tough call but I'll take "soft on crime" ahead of "unspeakable corruption." I hate having to make that choice, though; it's too bad we can't find someone with integrity to walk a path between those two extremes.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ben the question I have is her soft on crime an equal thing or is she soft on those who choose to sit it out in jail? So much law enforcement is about generating revenue. And there is a portion of society who don't hire lawyers, bond out of jail, pay to park while @ the courts!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben the question I have is her soft on crime an equal thing or...
    My impression is that her attitude is less "soft on crime" and more "I'm not going to let HPD get away with all the corrupt shit they did under the previous DA." It would be valid criticism to say her office makes errors and gets in the way of HPD too often.

OTOH, I came of age in Houston back when throwdown guns were standard equipment and their basic attitude was "I'll put your ass in the hospital or the morgue if you look at me wrong." The need to rein them in has never gone away. That drug raid gone awry that we've discussed here so much wouldn't have gotten more than a day's coverage in the news a couple of decades ago. Something foul is baked into the culture of HPD and has been for as long as I've been here. They need a DA who holds them to high standards and isn't exactly their friend.

Like I said, it's not a choice we should have to make but looking back over the long stretch of time, I'll take a DA who plays political games and occasionally hamstrings HPD. That's way preferable to the sort of deeply rooted corruption she replaced.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... Something foul is baked into the culture of HPD and has been for as long as I've been here. They need a DA who holds them to high standards and isn't exactly their friend.

Like I said, it's not a choice we should have to make but looking back over the long stretch of time, I'll take a DA who plays political games and occasionally hamstrings HPD. That's way preferable to the sort of deeply rooted corruption she replaced.

Unfortunately, local judges are the third leg of that stool.

As much as I love my home state, local LE and the criminal justice system, as well as the state prison system have never been paragons of virtue, which is why I’m vehemently of the opinion the last thing I need is a cop involved.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    OTOH, I came of age in Houston back when throwdown guns were standard equipment and their basic attitude was "I'll put your ass in the hospital or the morgue if you look at me wrong."
    I didn't grow up in Houston, but learned not to care for HPD. Up until what HPD did I would have gone to the aid of a downed officer. Now I follow Rule #1 "never talk to the man".

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Unless I missed it, the article never did state why they were pulled over.

Probably something trivial that doesn't further their narrative. Also missing is anything pointing to the gun being stolen or otherwise obtained illegally. It can be legal for a minor to own and possess a firearm.

Its possible the guy bought the gun from a private party but didn't know the actual laws or his rights and just overreacted.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    You guys are forgetting the money factor. I costs a lot of money to keep a person in jail.
    Cities run on budgets. The government funds a city by the amount of money it uses / needs.
    Similar to our schools. If a school doesn't perform, the government cuts their annual funding.
    Schools go so far as to review the test answers with the kids so their test grades will go up.
    The kids don't get any smarter, but the schools keep their government funding.

Top Bottom