• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    With the camera.

I linked to "2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder ". I have one. I've tested it. It can be set to record based on an optical motion trigger. It does not have a shock sensor.

You can see plenty of documentation of that in the Q and A:

Neither of mine do Motion Detect and when I clicked Q&A for that camera there was only one question asked about MD and it was from "Denise Paine" All three answers were No.

If yours does good then.

I think the bigger point here is for most if not all security cameras, MD is done optically by seeing changes in the image, not through any physical sensor.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    OK so I pulled out the manual for mine and it does say it does MD. I must have old firmware because mine does not offer it in the menu, nor does it mention it anywhere on the box. Just the manual. I have had it for awhile so perhaps I got caught in transition of different models/firmware features.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Neither of mine do Motion Detect and when I clicked Q&A for that camera there was only one question asked about MD and it was from "Denise Paine" All three answers were No.

If yours does good then.

I think the bigger point here is for most if not all security cameras, MD is done optically by seeing changes in the image, not through any physical sensor.

Maybe it's sending us to different cameras from the same link? I went to the questions, searched for "motion", and got pages of answers.

Not sure what your second point is. A camera is a physical sensor. That's how motion detection is done.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That ink goes to a 403 page for me.

Try typing www dot x10 dot com in your browser.

They have some pretty cool stuff. Reasonably priced too. One of the items I had is on their home page. Its a remote, that allows you to cycle through your cameras. I had mine connected to my TV, so I could switch from watching TV to viewing action outside. They have wireless cams that are battery or AC powered.

Top Bottom