Join TexasGunTalk

Still looking for some place to kill hogs.

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by Poboy gunner, May 2, 2019.

1. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Great looking GSD!

2. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Is that considered Type II hunting land? A buddy his son & I checked that out 25 years ago for deer hunting. Scared me enough that I'd never go back. Picture the village idiot getting drunk & high pick up their scoped rifle @ Walmart & heading out to the woods. Now multiple the idiots considering how close the land is between major cities.

3. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan New Member

I believe its only bow hunting which includes bows and crossbows, and shotguns can only be used.

https://lavonlakehunting.tamu.edu

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan New Member

Thanks, I actually have another one as well.

Love this breed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sam7sf and ZX9RCAM like this.
  5. Midcoasthunter442

Midcoasthunter442 New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Corpus Christi hog hunter would like to find a farmer or rancher within 60 miles of corpus to hunt hogs.
    Experienced seasoned retired hunter......NRA Lifemember

6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

7. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I was approached by a farmer/rancher who stated he had a hog problem. We talked and he wanted to charge me $$ to take out the hogs on his land. I told him he didn't have a hog problem.

8. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I enjoyed hunting at Langley ranch for feral hogs. As an added bonus he took us out at night for some varmint hunting. He also has deer and turkeys on his ranch. This was no charge for the varmint hunting as the varmints eat turkey eggs and kill the turkeys and some Deer. My partner shot a nice sized Bobcat and had it mounted. We killed some raccoons and saw some foxes or wolves but couldn't get a clear shot at them. There was no charge for this. They have a place to bunk with a kitchen to cook in. the lodging was only $25.00 a night. BBQ Equipment is also available. He has a walk-in cooler. Plus he cut up our hogs for $20.00. I was like here take my money. I enjoyed my time there and it didn't damage the wallet too much.

http://texaswildhoghunting.com/mainpage.html

9. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Nope. Not necessary if you soak the dressed quarters and such.

10. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I'm going to tell you why I'm against soaking game meat in a cooler with ice & water. Most everywhere in the USA our water has added crap like chlorine & fluoridation. Neither in amounts that will kill you, but you can see the difference & I believe taste it too. Hell I can buy enhanced pork with it added saline in the grocery store! (Yard Bird too) While the way most people do their game meat works for them it has a lot to do with not knowing better.

Those hogs I was roasting a few years ago where the nicest pork I ever seen & I was a meat cutter for 36 years. I get it that skinning a hog is a easy way to process it! I have to ask how many here have had pork chops with the skin skill on? You aint lived until to had them fried in a little lard & the rind crunches up.