Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Any particular reason for having it in bfe?
    That's a good question with an interesting answer. The "Texas Triangle" (Sometimes referred to as Texaplex) is one of 11 Mega-Regions in the United States. It is formed by the four main cities, Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. Texas Triangle contains five of the 20 biggest cities in the US, and is home to more than 70% of all Texans.

300px-Texas_Triangle%2C_Cities_and_Counties_map.svg.png

The region is comparable to Florida in population and Georgia in size, while still making up just under 1/4 of Texas' total land mass. Copperas Cove happens to fall right smack in the middle of the Texas Triangle, and is considered one day's drive for any truck driver coming out of Dallas, San Antonio, or Houston. While we are having to leave out our El Paso, Panhandle, and Corpus counterparts (sorry guys - we still love y'all), it just makes sense to host these meets right in the middle of where the statistical majority of Texans live.

As far as particular range choice, we have 5 gun ranges within an hour of the area, with Texas Star Shooting Range being the most centralized. The other ranges were either not a good size, too spread out, or had safety issues that were brought up by a fair number of members. TSSR has been extremely accommodating to Texas Gun Talk so until someone comes up with a better range that the group decides to switch to - we'll probably keep using them.

I don't mean that with any amount of sass - if you bring up another range you're interested in us using, we will go take an honest look at it and weight the pros vs cons as well as ask for opinion of all the other members. I have been putting all these together simply because I live the closest and can stop in as needed in between meets. If we were ever to move to a different range, I would think whoever lived closest to it would then take over setting things up. At our previous range, we used to rotate who put it together each meet.

Attachments

• 300px-Texas_Triangle%2C_Cities_and_Counties_map.svg.png
      300px-Texas_Triangle%2C_Cities_and_Counties_map.svg.png
      12.5 KB · Views: 517
    Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's a good question with an interesting answer. The "Texas Triangle" (Sometimes referred to as Texaplex) is one of 11 Mega-Regions in the United States. It is formed by the four main cities, Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. Texas Triangle contains five of the 20 biggest cities in the US, and is home to more than 70% of all Texans.

View attachment 166854

The region is comparable to Florida in population and Georgia in size, while still making up just under 1/4 of Texas' total land mass. Copperas Cove happens to fall right smack in the middle of the Texas Triangle, and is considered one day's drive for any truck driver coming out of Dallas, San Antonio, or Houston. While we are having to leave out our El Paso, Panhandle, and Corpus counterparts (sorry guys - we still love y'all), it just makes sense to host these meets right in the middle of where the statistical majority of Texans live.

As far as particular range choice, we have 5 gun ranges within an hour of the area, with Texas Star Shooting Range being the most centralized. The other ranges were either not a good size, too spread out, or had safety issues that were brought up by a fair number of members. TSSR has been extremely accommodating to Texas Gun Talk so until someone comes up with a better range that the group decides to switch to - we'll probably keep using them.

I don't mean that with any amount of sass - if you bring up another range you're interested in us using, we will go take an honest look at it and weight the pros vs cons as well as ask for opinion of all the other members. I have been putting all these together simply because I live the closest and can stop in as needed in between meets. If we were ever to move to a different range, I would think whoever lived closest to it would then take over setting things up. At our previous range, we used to rotate who put it together each meet.
    Doesn't that also have about 95% of all the liberals in Texas?

Top Bottom