• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I've got the classic swat patrol model and I'll tell you this. Save your cash and just get a regular AR or M4.
    It's heavy and a bit bulky in comparison.
    The side folding/3 position colapsable stock is nice though as are the rotary iron sights.
    If you have any more specific questions please feel free to ask.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I carry a M16 around all the frickin' time and I'm bored of it so I'm trying to stay away from the traditional AR style. You don't have SiG's red dot sight on your Classic SWAT model, then? I think the regular Classic looks lighter than the SWAT Classic.

I'm thinking of either getting that SIG556 Classic or the SIG556 DMR which is the one at the link below.

Products & Services

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I've had my 556 for awhile now and yes as one poster mentioned it is heavy, no doubt... Ultra reliable, eats everything and would be a tack driver if the operator i.e. ME, was a better shot

I would be more then happy to let you try her out once you get back here in SA if you wanted to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)
    I had the classic variant for a short time before I traded it in. Very cool gun over all. I really like the folding stock and the sig mini red dot.

That being said, I don't like how the ejecting rounds wear the finish on the receiver. I know it's petty, but my rifle was pristine in every respect after 100 rounds except the noticeable 'smudge' near the ejection port.

The only way I would own a sig 556 again is in pistol form = )

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I carry a M16 around all the frickin' time and I'm bored of it so I'm trying to stay away from the traditional AR style. You don't have SiG's red dot sight on your Classic SWAT model, then? I think the regular Classic looks lighter than the SWAT Classic.

I'm thinking of either getting that SIG556 Classic or the SIG556 DMR which is the one at the link below.

Products & Services

No, I have a 1x knock off ACOG and it works great with my Sig.
    If you want to get away from the traditional AR-M4 platform then you can't go wrong with the Sig556!
    It's a great gun and id trust it with my life.
    I'll post some pics of mine when I get home.
    That DMR is pretty slick but it's a whopper at 12 pounds!
    I also wouldn't want the 1:10 twist rate if you plan on ever using anything heavier than a 62gr round.

Top Bottom