• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I looked, but couldn't find an air gun topic or thread, so this is where it landed.

I am a huge fan of the SIG Classic series pistols. I only have a P226 Extreme, but plan on adding a P229 when the gun budget allows.

I am always looking for ways to improve my shooting skills affordably, and looked into air guns. Fortunately SIG makes a pellet CO2 copy of the p226. After months of internal debating and research, I finally bit the bullet.

Here are some pictures of the pellet model (on the left) next to my 9mm Extreme.

094cf9891e2d2496d8c6079b78fea996.jpg

36a903797e98c7879c3d1004aed7d2ac.jpg

If it weren't for the thread protector on the pellet model, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two. It is all metal and features a slide that blows back when the gun is fired. The weight, feel, function, and look of everything is darn near identical to the 9mm.

Haven't had a chance to put rounds through it, but have dry fired it. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired. It is nowhere near as good as the SRT on my Extreme, but that is to be expected. It will take some getting used to, but hopefully some muscle memory will be improved.

I'll continue to post updates as I explore its capabilities.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, it sounds like it has a magazine. What's the capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is it SAO or SA/DA?

Answers dammit!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    CO2 guns in my experience are rather poor performers.

I have an RWS .177 caliber rifle that touts it's performance at 1000 fps.

I had an invasion of cat squirrels. Tthis rifle shooting pellets (far, far more accurate than BB's) would completely shoot through and through dropping them DRT.

This is a German made RWS, one crank single shot with a 4 power scope, which I've now changed over to a red dot sight.

It's a beautiful, wood stock thing of beauty and is very, very accurate.

Some air rifles are used to take big game, but such is not well known even to shooters.

Air rifles can be formidable.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    CO2 guns in my experience are rather poor performers.

I have an RWS .177 caliber rifle that touts it's performance at 1000 fps.

I had an invasion of cat squirrels. Tthis rifle shooting pellets (far, far more accurate than BB's) would completely shoot through and through dropping them DRT.

This is a German made RWS, one crank single shot with a 4 power scope, which I've now changed over to a red dot sight.

It's a beautiful, wood stock thing of beauty and is very, very accurate.

Some air rifles are used to take big game, but such is not well known even to shooters.

Air rifles can be formidable.

Pretty sure he got this pistol for a completely different purpose and reasons completely unrelated to big game hunting.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Is it SAO or SA/DA?

Answers dammit!

It is just like the real deal.

Double action first shot, single action follow up shots.

Safety/Decocker works just like the original dropping the hammer to Double Action position.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cool, gonna have to take a Closer look at these.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Very cool MK! Please report back with accuracy info once you've had a chance to shoot it...really thinking about getting one.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    MK, in case you haven't shot it, the 229 seems to shoot way differently for me than the 226. It could be that my 226 is from the early 90s and the 229 is about 5 years old now, but that's my experience. I have the base model 229 if you want to try it out some time before you buy.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    MK, in case you haven't shot it, the 229 seems to shoot way differently for me than the 226. It could be that my 226 is from the early 90s and the 229 is about 5 years old now, but that's my experience. I have the base model 229 if you want to try it out some time before you buy.
    I would like to try it out very much, but it's gonna be while.

Seems my gun fund keeps going to more pressing issues lately.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    I understand completely. I'm not planning on selling it, so the offer stands. I'm at the range usually once a week, generally Wed or Thur, you're free to join me at any time or any excuse to go the range outside of then is usually welcome as well.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

Was Sig actually making them in the 90's, and even 5 years ago? I thought, maybe incorrectly, that Sig only started making them within the last couple years, and everything before then were just licensed copies made by Umarex or some other airgun company.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Was Sig actually making them in the 90's, and even 5 years ago? I thought, maybe incorrectly, that Sig only started making them within the last couple years, and everything before then were just licensed copies made by Umarex or some other airgun company.
    I believe dermunkee was referring to my desire to purchase a P229.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I was able to put between 48 and 64 pellets through it today.

Let me start by stating that my pistol skills need a great deal of work and have for some time. Hence the reason for purchasing this gun. I also was trying to get the trigger figured out. As I suspected from dry-firing, it's crap. Or else I am spoiled by the Short Reset Trigger on my 9mm. It has a loooong pull on both DA and SA and is not smooth at all.

The target was about 15 feet away resting on the grass in the backyard, and so I was shooting at a downward angle. A black 1" Shoot-n-See cover up dot was placed on a blank 8.5"x11" piece of white paper to provide an aiming point.

The manual shows to use the "pumpkin on a post" sighting method, but all the other SIG's I have owned were the combat sight picture. I tried both holds and not one of my 48 pellets hit the black dot in the center of the paper. I would say 85% of them were impacting to the left of the dot and 65% of those were low. There were also no real groupings that were consistent. I am certain it is an operator issue, and not an equipment one. I have a feeling I am concentrating on stance, sight picture, and trigger pull to much. I might try to let my body do what it does naturally next time and see what happens.

As far as functionality, I didn't have a single issue. However, after the first magazine I realized how important it is to count your 8 shots. If you loose track, you could be firing empty cylinders and just wasting CO2.

More to come when I get a target set up in my garage that is at a reasonable height.

Top Bottom