Not open for further replies.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    d
    "There was no justification for the killing of these two dogs. The defendant has been charged and will be dealt with appropriately. Our sympathies go out to the family and children who lost their beloved pets," Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said in a news release.

Read more: Man charged with shooting neighbor's 2 dogs | Fox News

Idunno... I'm kinda getting a PETA vibe off this guy. Without more details I can't pass judgment either way.

Reading the Texas Law Shield letters shows that this kind of thing is very common.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I had a great dane once that used to chase the neighbors horses across the pasture. When the horses would get to the end, they would turn and chase the dog back. They would do this three or four times and then go drink water and cool off. I learned of this from the horse owner who though it was funny. Lucky that the owner didn't shoot the dog. It was a strange dog. Its best friend was a heron that lived in the front yard. every morning they would go together for a fly/run around the cove on the lake. Real strange to see that big bird flying about 10 feet above the dog and both going as fast as possible for their run/fly.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have no idea concerning legality in his case because I don't know Pennsylvania law.

In Texas it is legal to shoot dogs if they are chasing live stock. Most people will be neighborly the first time if they recognize the dog(at least in my area).

There isn't enough information in the article for me to form an opinion. Even if the dogs were just "herding" the sheep that would be grounds to take action IMO. To much needless running and stress is bad for the animals.

It says he changed his story but there could have been a history of problems and this time he took action before the dogs got too close to his sheep for a clear shot. In that case I would also side with the man.

Or he could have been an old ass hole who noticed the neighbors dog on his place for the first time so he shot them with no evidence of them messing with his sheep. This would be going too far IMO.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Either way, his property, their property. The dogs obviously were not a threat. You reap what you sew. Plus lying to the police, and filing a false report?!? Yeah, I'd say he's pretty well screwed..

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Either way, his property, their property. The dogs obviously were not a threat. You reap what you sew. Plus lying to the police, and filing a false report?!? Yeah, I'd say he's pretty well screwed..

You got all that from the sketchy details of the article?

I'm guessing you have never had any type of livestock or had to deal with people's pets harassing your animals.

There is not enough information in the article to conclude the dogs were not a recurring problem.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    You got all that from the sketchy details of the article?

I'm guessing you have never had any type of livestock or had to deal with people's pets harassing your animals.
    There is not enough information in the article to conclude the dogs were not a recurring problem.

Uhh?! THIS IS SKETCHY TO YOU?!

""Court documents say the West Vincent Township man initially told police he saw the dogs chasing his sheep. But police say he later changed his story and told them he shot one dog while it was trotting slowly toward him, and killed the other as it was running away. Police say at no time were the sheep in any danger.
    "There was no justification for the killing of these two dogs. The defendant has been charged and will be dealt with appropriately.""

UMM, OK.??

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    What the Heck does this have to do with the price of beer in Texas?

PA has been in steep decline since it turned into a dependency State, much like New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The "police say at no time were the sheep in any danger".

The police were not there at the time so they don't know.

He saw the dogs chasing his sheep.
    They were not chasing sheep when he shot them.

This does not mean they never chased the sheep in the past, unless you take the word of the police who weren't there. Even the owner admitted, according to the article, that his dogs would be attracted to the sheep because they were a herding breed.

Not enough info to condemn the man.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    The "police say at no time were the sheep in any danger".

The police were not there at the time so they don't know.

He saw the dogs chasing his sheep.
    They were not chasing sheep when he shot them.

This does not mean they never chased the sheep in the past, unless you take the word of the police who weren't there. Even the owner admitted, according to the article, that his dogs would be attracted to the sheep because they were a herding breed.

Not enough info to condemn the man.

You know, I'll give you that. I guess. That since my neighbor got pissed off that my 1.5 yr old puppy whipped the shit out of his dog, on my property, he threatened to shoot my dog next time he saw her. I get a lil defensive.. my bad.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Understandable.

It is a tough thing and I have had to shoot at a neighbors dog before.

This was after several talks with them about the dogs chasing our cows. I didn't "shoot" the dog because they had kids but as far as they new I just missed. The dog was chained after that.

I'm not siding with this guy, just not gonna condemn him without knowing the history.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    All we know is what is reported. I'm sure there is more to this story. We aren't going to solve it by poking at each other here.

Thread closed while we all cool down a bit...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom