Join TexasGunTalk

Sh... you see at the range

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Kar98, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Dancing Heretik

Dancing Heretik Member

Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Found it!

2. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county
    Guy shooting his friends colt python. A beautiful gun, even has the original box.

Anyways, guy loads it, amd flicks his wrist to close the cylinder.

Took all the restraint i could muster not to just take the gun away from him

Wombat and V-Tach like this.
  3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Watches too many movies.

4. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    AAARRRGGG...that aggrevates me........some try to do it on revolvers we are showing them.....I try to be nice...but damn....

zackmars likes this.
  5. PinnedandRecessed

PinnedandRecessed Allegedly TGT Supporter

Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    5 years ago my brother-in-law spun the cylinder and flicked his wrist on my S&W 500. I told him to put it down immediately after which he received a solid smack on the back of his head for good measure. He has yet to be allowed to shoot it.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Wombat, V-Tach and Southpaw like this.
  6. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Yesterday at the range I saw a idiot load up and try to shoot .40 in a 45acp. Every time I would fire the cases would split and the pistol wouldn't cycle. After a few rounds I asked a buddy what is wrong with my ammo. He told me it was a oversized chamber which made me to check the ammo. That's when I realized that I was loading 40 into my 45acp 1911.

My 2 boxes of ammo had .45 AUTO on the label but I had put 40 in the boxes. It was so long ago that I didn't remember.

It was a little embarrassing but nothing was hurt. I still had a good time at the range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So is that Mr. Idiot, or just Idiot?

8. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I'm okay with either one since I learned a good lesson.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Didn't the sound give it away? When I accidentally fired a few .380s from my 9mm Sub2000, it went BANG BANG BANG plop WTF? BANG BANG plop plop something ain't right here... *

*over-dramatized for clarity. In reality, with the muzzle brake and heavier bolt I installed, it sounds no different than a 10/22. More of a zing than a BANG.

Texasgordo likes this.
  10. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I'll be real honest with y'all that public ranges scare me. One look around at the bullet holes in places there never should be is what made me join a club. Now I'm not saying their aren't people at the club who do plenty of stupid things, there are just less of them. An annual membership fee is a big deterrent to the I just bought my first gun & I'm watch a video on my phone to learn how to load it!