• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Every time I start to tighten the screw on my aero precision scope mount the scope seems to turn and is no longer level with the rifle. I start with the scope being level and the rifle is level as well. The rings connect to each other sideway instead of a top and bottom. I do small adjustments to each screw but the scope always ends up out of level. What am I doing wrong.
    9fac989ce2bbdf84c99f6e9a26cfb322.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• 9fac989ce2bbdf84c99f6e9a26cfb322.jpg
      9fac989ce2bbdf84c99f6e9a26cfb322.jpg
      330.2 KB · Views: 508

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    If you have a collimeter (borescope) set the cross hairs level, tighten the scope, note how much it turns. The loosen and set that much to the opposite side and tighten. Also use a torque wrench and increase in small steps. If all else fails only tighten one screw and get it level. That one will hold it while you slowly tighten the rest.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Thanks for all the advice. You people may have just saved me from spending money to have it done for me. Thanks again

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You can also try torqueing each screw no more than 25%-30% of the desired torque. And make sure when you start that the gaps between upper and lower halves are even. And always torque in an "X" pattern. Torque a diagonal set on the front or rear ring and the opposite diagonal on the other ring 25% at a time. Continue 25% at a time in the same pattern until done. I seldom have one move if I do that.
    It is kind of a pain though.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    To be fair, while this can be an issue with any mount/rings, the Aero Ultralights are probably among the most frustrating given the design.

They make great scope mounts (have a few myself), but a bit of meditation may be in order both before and after mounting...

dirkjr10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2017
    Dallas
    You could also try lapping the rings on most mounts. Idk bout yours since you said the rings are vertical but if you have issues on others try lapping the rings and it will take out any small variances and lock in the scope tighter and evenly once fully mounted.

Top Bottom