• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, I've checked Texas30.06 website and while it is being reported that there is no signage prohibiting open carry at the San Antonio Zoo as of a year ago, I recall when OC became legal in January 2016 they were fighting to only allow concealed carry...

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...oo-bans-open-carry-of-firearms-as-6745539.php

Here's the hitch, the San Antonio Zoo is technically a nonprofit organization and thus private but it leases its land from the city of San Antonio therefore Texas Government Code §411.209 applies...
    Texas Government Code §411.209. 'Wrongful Exclusion of Handgun License Holder' currently states "(a) Except as provided by Subsection (i), a state agency or a political subdivision of the state may not provide notice by a communication described by Section 30.06, Penal Code, or by any sign expressly referring to that law or to a license to carry a handgun, that a license holder carrying a handgun under the authority of this subchapter is prohibited from entering or remaining on a premises or other place owned or leased by the governmental entity unless license holders are prohibited from carrying a handgun on the premises or other place by Section 46.03 or 46.035, Penal Code."

In 2016 this picture of a 30.07 sign on the wall to the left of the ticket windows was posted to that website...

getimage.jpg

Now, I was planning on CC'ing; but I was just curious as to whether anyone knew what the result was from the SA Zoo's battle to keep OC from its grounds?

Cheers! M2
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• getimage.jpg
      getimage.jpg
      92.6 KB · Views: 2,304

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If you read the letters for the Dallas and Fort Worth zoos, you will see Paxton's office ruled the are considered "amusement parks" under Texas law thus can prohibit carry of any kind there. I don't see any such ruling on the San Antonio Zoo, nor do I know if the circumstances are the same here as with those other two zoos...

Top Bottom