• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    New to the forum. Been in SA since 1979. Shot at all of the ranges except Texas Thunder and Camp Bullis. I have a wide variety of guns to shoot and am always on the hunt for more.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Meet this Saturday (this is the rescheldule of last weeks Austin meet due to rainout)Some of the Austin crew is riding out. Not sure if we are cooking or not. We have been slacking on planning, just kinda merged the two meets. Look for the TGO and Gonzales flags, big white Ford Dually.

Bolt gun competition is on. Best 3 round group at 100yds on a 6" steel target wins.

1000hrs

Bexar Community Shooting Range
    15391 Bexar Bowling
    Marion , TX 78124

Phone 830-914-2182

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    TRN

Thanks, we're heading up to Austin for a gun run; but we take 1604 around to IH-35N so we should miss the mess. Still, it's good to know so we don't go through there on our way home...

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah - well, the oldest boy called me earlier, apparently some of the Austin bunch is headed to Bexar Range tomorrow for some kinda shoot, so he wanted me to let 'em know.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Good stuff Tex thanks for the heads up. Supposed to be a beautiful day for shooting tomorrow. Hope to see some of ya out there, look for the flags.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, I had to call the old man to give the traffic report today. I wish I could make it out tomorrow, but my Honey-Do list got too long to make it out there.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Man turned out to be a beautiful day for shooting for sure. Shot from 0930-1330 since it was so nice. The Bexar people were great as well.

SureFire5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    san antonio
    Hello gunners! New to the forum.... I'm in San Antonio, own several firearms... I'd like to be a better/smarter shooter. Any of you Kats get together for trigger time? Helpful insights? I don't have deep pockets or loads of time to attend shooting schools. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot with guns...I just understand there's always room for jello...er, I mean improvement. I carry a 5" S&W M&P in 9mm when I'm with the family, sometimes double up with an LCP in my front pocket. Alone, I carry a S&W M&P in .45. I carry the 9mm when the wife is around should something happen and I go down she can pick it up and defend herself... That's smart, no? 9mm way less recoil. Thoughts? input?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Wahl, first off - welcome!

Now....my 5', buck-five weighin' better half has her own Kimber .45 - which is the long way around sayin' that IMO (an' hers) the 45 is purty easy to handle. Given the added weight of the gun an' the relatively slower cartridge, she actually likes the .45 over her .357. I'd suggest some light target loads on the .45 an' lettin' her give it a try.

SA folks git together from time to time - it'll usually be announced in the SA section. They just had one last month - so keep yer eyes open for another!

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Welcome as well. Next SA official get together is 23 Jan 2010 at noon. Once Christmas has past and everyoes holiday travels have settled down, I'll post up the info. We also have a Hill Country shoot up in New Braunfels on the 22nd of Jan 2011. Details to follow.

SureFire5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    san antonio
    Wahl, first off - welcome!

Now....my 5', buck-five weighin' better half has her own Kimber .45 - which is the long way around sayin' that IMO (an' hers) the 45 is purty easy to handle. Given the added weight of the gun an' the relatively slower cartridge, she actually likes the .45 over her .357. I'd suggest some light target loads on the .45 an' lettin' her give it a try.

I have... she ain't havin it! The wife isnt too into spitting bullets... My daughter on the other hand... She can shoot!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In that case, ya just gotta go w/what works for 'em. Trust Me on this - better half has had a number of different guns over the years, an' it's fine w/me - if she ain't happy w/it, she ain't gonna tote it - and my goal is for her to be heeled 24/7!!

Top Bottom