ARJ Defense ad

sale or trade - san antonio: lots of ammo & bringing more from road trip - make offer

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    to be perfectly clear i have bought and sold around 10000 rounds of ammunition in the last 7 days. i could not guarantee a hold on anything nor did i promise anything and would love to see an email saying i did. it states clearly in the op that everything is subject to face to face sales first and thats what happened. a few of my old gun buddies up north were feeling the ammo drought pretty bad and were cleaning me out as fast as i could get it. i will be purchasing more 9mm and 223 as well as a few others very soon. if you dont want to do business then im ok with that. theres a whole country on gunbroker who cannot seem to get any ammo and would pay more anyways. ill be sure to update the list regularly as items are sold as well so theres no confusion. all ammo listed will still be happily available and as of now i will gladly guarantee to hold items for you now that i am back home.

also, note the picture i attatched to the op. the 2 cases were full sunday afternoon and 75% was gone by sunday evening.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    When I first read the OP, I thought you were a regular joe type of shooter who lucked into some ammo and put it up for sale to clear out what you didn't need and help some people out on the board...

Then I see Winchester's post and realize you were helping yourself more than others, but still....maybe an slightly less than average joe that got lucky stumbling into a good deal on ammo and that believes in making a buck more than standing by a prior agreement with another party....

Then you post the volume you have been doing and now I am wondering 1) If you are running a small business on the side, 2) If you are registered with the state for tax purposes because the volume seems to push it into a small business rather than a hobby and 3) If you have requested permission from the owner of the site to become a forum sponsor so you can advertise your business.....

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Below is a screen shot of the initial exchange. Was I wrong to believe a deal had been struck?

EMAIL_zpsca0b13b0.png

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    all three good questions.

i am not running a small business. i wish i was. though i am planning to start a media blasting business soon

i am not registered with the state for tax purposes. in fact, i wont be collecting money in texas until tomorrow. almost everythign else i sold was in nebraska aside from selling to people outside walmarts along the way back (not really but i did sell a few boxes to locals both times i stopped for gas in kansas and oklahoma)

i have not requested permission as this was a one time aquisition and an unfortunately dragging out sale of said ammo. though i will be picking up at least one case of 9mm and at least one case of 223 as well as a few other half cases and may sell some here. these are intended first and foremost for myself and i see that buying in bulk gets it cheaper.

as for where i came up with this, it really isnt any of your business. i will tell you how though. a dear friend of mine died last month in nebraska. while i was visiting my daughters for spring break i stopped and visited his widow. she wanted all of his firearms and accessories gone. i help broker a deal to a local gun store as well as setting up a few sales between her and a few mutual friends. i picked up a few nice toys for myself and i bought out 1/4 of her ammo. my friends and aquantences were all to eager to buy it off me in turn so i returned and bought half of what she had left. once that was nearly sold i bought the rest. there was no paperwork needed for a cash transaction of ammunition between friends and the firearms i purchased are not regulated by nebraska law between private party sales. also hence why ill be buying more ammo. the reason i sold the 9mm i had was to come up with the additional amount i needed to give her. she is also still holding a few very nice toys for me as well which ill pickup next time i make it up there and have more money. 308 custom mauser, fal, nazi luger, pair of matching berrettas, and possibly a barrett 416 if i can afford it.

i dot my 'I's and cross my 'T's
    `

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Wow. Sounds like a deal I had with Flightaxxxx a while back. My BIL waited on him an hour and a half before going home. Only to find out somebody offered him $5 more so he took it. Sorriness.

Did you mean Fighta1337 (no L)? If so I had a similar situation with him where I agreed to buy but he sold for a few dollars more to someone else.

I agree with Winchster, feel free to be an ass but be an honorable one. (only 1/2 joking)

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    sale or trade - san antonio: lots of ammo & bringing more from road trip - make

ill let you know for sure before i head down. and i believe i did.

Actually, no. You didn't let me know anything about availability until your latest post this morning.

Regardless, I won't be doing business with you, nor would I recommend to my friends on this board do business with you. Your statement of being able to drop it by on your way through implied a deal. The fact that you were unwilling to own up to that says a lot about you. I certainly won't be sending you money through the mail, as it appears that your neighbor could potentially buy the product you sold me prior to the money arriving. Not how I choose to do business.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown

Looked like a deal was struck to me. Backing out of it and not owning up to it doesn't inspire trust. I won't be dealing with that guy either.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX

Yeah I emailed about some .22 got a response and then .... Nothing, buyer beware.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Did you mean Fighta1337 (no L)? If so I had a similar situation with him where I agreed to buy but he sold for a few dollars more to someone else.

I agree with Winchster, feel free to be an ass but be an honorable one. (only 1/2 joking)

I think thats him. I lost my PMs during the meltdown, so I'm not positive.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    big phil, the 22lr rounds i had sold, the purchaser was then arrested, his girlfriend sold them back to me today. i also picked up some other 22 rounds as well and now have about 8 boxes or so available. let me know if you are still interested.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom