• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Been reading and watching you tube videos about this gun. I have some issues in my older years that might make this a viable choice. One thing I've learned is you need no knowledge of guns to review guns on you tube. A lot of morons putting out much misinformation.
    The plus side is the EZ slide, and the EZ magazine. It is getting tougher to work the slide on my EC9s, and I'm lost without my maglula.
    The negatives include .380acp, They couldn't do this for a 9mm at least. Its bigger than the Shield 9mm. Not a striker, single action. Grip safety.
    I found myself recommending this gun to a fellow whom after a chance to think about it sounded much like myself.
    The longer barrel should get a bit more out of the .380 But just don';t know if I want to commit to this gun
    Hurley's Gold

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I thought about buying one GrabAGun had them for $319. If I see it under $300, I will definitely snag one. I have the 45C with safety and I like it. I bought it to replace the 1911 Commander slide/officer frame I had a long time ago. It is pretty accurate to.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Looks cool. If it was double action it would be much cooler. I dont trust any kind of safety let alone a grip safety. It makes me nervous to carry one around cocked and locked with one up the snout. Thats prob why I aint a big fan of 1911s or its various clones. Looks like they have a good price on them at Academy.
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/smith-wesson-m-p-380-shield-ez-380-acp-pistol-115681408
    Agree. And you don't get a choice. If a round is chambered then that internal hammer is fully cocked. In my beloved third gen S&W's I chose to drop the hammer and carry with the safety off. Never a problem and practice took care of that long double action first shot. Maybe a DAO striker version would be a better idea.

sr4440

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2018
    killeen

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Agree. And you don't get a choice. If a round is chambered then that internal hammer is fully cocked. In my beloved third gen S&W's I chose to drop the hammer and carry with the safety off. Never a problem and practice took care of that long double action first shot. Maybe a DAO striker version would be a better idea.
    Ditos on that. I carried a SA AMT Backup in .380 for years. The flip safety was totally untrustworthy due to being dependent on the wooden grip to hold it on the pivot point..and the wood got too scored up to hold it in place. The grip safety seemed to work but I was still chicken to carry it with one up the snout..so I carried an empty chamber and gave it a shuck when ready to rumble. Notice they still make the little guns but are now striker fired which seems a big improvement. The little gun was amazingly accurate for such a small specimine which I atributed to the fact it had a fixed barrel. It could easily stay on the paper at 50 yards. Now cant recall how easy it was to operate the slide but I was a strong young guy back when i was the proud owner.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=AMT 380 BACKUP

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I had an AMT .45 Backup DAO. When I was young I was able to fire a Police qualification course with it. No problem with hits on target. Only down fall was a round where I had to reload 3 times in 12 seconds. Just never got that last magazine fired. Loaded but time ran out. The AMT's were great guns. Although the trigger was even worse than the Kel Tec P3AT. Something I preach today is that one should learn their gun rather than make modifications. Note: We had a simple course of fire for backups that was easy to shoot. I chose the full course just because I thought I could and it was an excuse to keep shooting. I guess i was a bit of a gun nut back in the day. Today, thinking about buying a gun named EZ is a little frustrating.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I had an AMT .45 Backup DAO. When I was young I was able to fire a Police qualification course with it. No problem with hits on target. Only down fall was a round where I had to reload 3 times in 12 seconds. Just never got that last magazine fired. Loaded but time ran out. The AMT's were great guns. Although the trigger was even worse than the Kel Tec P3AT. Something I preach today is that one should learn their gun rather than make modifications. Note: We had a simple course of fire for backups that was easy to shoot. I chose the full course just because I thought I could and it was an excuse to keep shooting. I guess i was a bit of a gun nut back in the day. Today, thinking about buying a gun named EZ is a little frustrating.
    Know back in the early 90s the guns were highly popular with off duty cops. They had a leather fold over holster called Surprise in Wallet. Looked just like a wallet when carried in the back pocket. Being a poor boy I just sandwiched mine up in a wash rag lol

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Know back in the early 90s the guns were highly popular with off duty cops. They had a leather fold over holster called Surprise in Wallet. Looked just like a wallet when carried in the back pocket. Being a poor boy I just sandwiched mine up in a wash rag lol

Dad had one (I have it now) and carried it all the time. Instead of the pocket the holster he had a belly band he wore more on his chest. The gun was to the front and he could get it by unbuttoning on or two buttons of his shirt. Being fat helped conceal it there.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Dad had one (I have it now) and carried it all the time. Instead of the pocket the holster he had a belly band he wore more on his chest. The gun was to the front and he could get it by unbuttoning on or two buttons of his shirt. Being fat helped conceal it there.
    Had a variant of the Belly band holster starting in the early 70s. We called them Sky Marshall holsters back in those days. Some called them fat man shoulder holsters. Lol The one I had was just a wide ace bandage with a small leather backed gun pocket. It worked pretty good except it eventually slid down to the belly button. I added some elastic suspenders that solved the problem. Notice the current models come with one suspender to hold it in place.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    They hold their prices looong time. They wore me down, just sitting there not raising the price. Ordered one tonight. Went for the one with a safety. I just have less trust for a single action.
    Mine has been shipped but LGS has not called yet for me to pick up. FYI, GrabAGun has mags for $16. I ordered 5 of those.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Mine has been shipped but LGS has not called yet for me to pick up. FYI, GrabAGun has mags for $16. I ordered 5 of those.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    That's a good deal. going to visit over there soon.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    May have messed up!
    Ordered from this lockedloaded.com bunch back on the 10th.
    They have not answered any inquiries at all.
    Should not have gone with best price I guess.
    Should not have dealt with a yankee company
    Just tried to call, got a recording

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Got the gun today. It's everything I expected from S&W. Perfect size and very easy to operate. Reminds me of the K frame .38s that were just all around workhorses. I think I know now that lockedloaded.com was sitting on my order because they didn't have it in stock. It was supposed to have a lock box included. But they have been selling them without the gun. This is the epitome of bad service. I don't know what influence I can have in Yankee land but I will try. They would not reply to a single email even on their internal system. I got a phone call to tell me I could have a Glock bag instead of the lock box. They told me they had been selling them separately. S&W guys love Glock swag. I said OK just move things along. And they sat on the order another week anyway. And then kudos to the post office. 6 days on a 2 day Priority box. including time when it was just lost someplace. Not worth the hassle. I will buy local next time. But I do really like the gun. Can't shoot it till Tuesday I'll let yall know

Top Bottom