• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    I'd like to find a new home for this Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target Rifle. It is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, which needs no introduction for long range work. It's in very good shape, excellent bore, some minor handling marks on the barrel. Comes with these goodies: an extra Ruger magazine, a set of highly adjustable Burris Signature XTR rings with the inserts; and an Atlas B-10 V8 bipod. Asking $900 FTF, $950 shipped to your FFL. Price it and you'll see this is an excellent deal.
    If interested in dies, brass and bullets, ask.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    I was asked how it shoots. I probably put no more than 50 rounds through it. I shot up a box of Hornady factory just getting the scope sighted in and getting familiar with the rifle plinking some steel, then started load workup first with H-4895, then with these three groups using the Sierra 140-grain Match King and IMR 4350, which I was advised was the go-to powder for the Creedmoor. I was greatly encouraged, but after thinking about the time and travel involved in shooting long-range matches I decided this was not my game.
    I think you can get a sense of the potential. The recommended torque on the action screws is 50 to 90 inch-pounds on the diagonal mounting screw and 30-50 on the trigger guard screws. My torque wrench only goes to 40 pounds so I was unable to check this, but I would sure start with this if really dialing the rifle's potential. Thanks for asking.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom