• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Had to laugh when a 1 page color flyer fell out of the AAS. Picture of a 94 Winchester all gussied up with etched scenes supposedly of Round Rock.

10% Down with monthly payments.

Is that a joke?
    ARJ Defense ad

FiremanLyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Round Rock
    Would be a nice collector piece I guess. I just cannot get over the several inaccuracies.

1) Picture used as "Sam Bass" is not Sam Bass. The picture shown is a middle aged lawman, Sam Bass died on his 27th birthday and only one photo of him is known to exist. Both are pictured below.

Sam Bass.jpg sam_bass250.jpg
    Sam Bass Not Sam Bass

Also for Sheet and Grins, this is Deputy A.W. Grimes, the "hero" of the Sam Bass Shoot out. Despite legend, he died in the opening shots of the shoot out when he confronted Sam Bass in a hardware store, told the outlaw "Son, give me your guns." Sam bass responded by shooting him with both barrels. Now we have a major road named after him...
    25-awgrimes.jpg

2) The "Round Rock Shootout" happened in downtown round rock, 100 Block of East Main. The rifle shows an open range, horse mounted, running gun fight.

3) "Historic Fort Kenny" was actually called Kenny's Fort, a Doctor Thomas Kenny was given the land following the Texas Revolution. He served the Texans as a field surgeon and completed the fort in 1839 and moved his family from Bastrop. Kenny's Fort was the last friendly stop for the Santa Fe Expedition and was where the standoff took place during the Texas Archive War in 1842.

Last edited:

JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    No not a joke. American Legacy Firearms | Life's Too Short To Carry An Ugly Gun!

Many organizations commission some of these guns as fund raisers for their cause.

Kinda cool way to donate money.

(Can't find out who is selling these there, so don't know if it's just a money maker for American Legacy Firearms or if they are partnering with some local charity.)

The primary charities we partner with are the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation. We are a top 10 corporate donor to the NRA and have donated over $1 million dollars to defend your right to keep and bear arms.

JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    My wife actually called to check on the price, some where north of $2700.00, just a bit rich for my tastes, especially for something that fugly!!
    I'm sorry you feel that way. A Regular non embelished Winchester Model 94 will cost you roughly $1,500.00 out the door of your local gun shop. That's for one that has absolutely no engravings or 24kt gold plating on it as well. Our firearms are not for everyone, most of the folks who buy our guns are collectors and investors.

JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    2.7k..eeeeekkkkk.. If I wanna see the old rock, Ill drive to it.
    For the winchester based Round Rock Heritage Rifle you are looking at spending $2,995.00 if it is paid in full. A base model winchester model 94 will cost you roughly $1,500.00 out the door at your local gun shop. If the price point is the main cause of concern we can also build it on the Mossberg 464 .30-.30 lever action rifle. Current pricing to have it built on the Mossberg paid in full is $2,495.00.

JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    Would be a nice collector piece I guess. I just cannot get over the several inaccuracies.

1) Picture used as "Sam Bass" is not Sam Bass. The picture shown is a middle aged lawman, Sam Bass died on his 27th birthday and only one photo of him is known to exist. Both are pictured below.

View attachment 26378 View attachment 26379
    Sam Bass Not Sam Bass

Also for Sheet and Grins, this is Deputy A.W. Grimes, the "hero" of the Sam Bass Shoot out. Despite legend, he died in the opening shots of the shoot out when he confronted Sam Bass in a hardware store, told the outlaw "Son, give me your guns." Sam bass responded by shooting him with both barrels. Now we have a major road named after him...
    View attachment 26380

2) The "Round Rock Shootout" happened in downtown round rock, 100 Block of East Main. The rifle shows an open range, horse mounted, running gun fight.

3) "Historic Fort Kenny" was actually called Kenny's Fort, a Doctor Thomas Kenny was given the land following the Texas Revolution. He served the Texans as a field surgeon and completed the fort in 1839 and moved his family from Bastrop. Kenny's Fort was the last friendly stop for the Santa Fe Expedition and was where the standoff took place during the Texas Archive War in 1842.

The art manager in my department corrected those errors a couple months ago. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Top Bottom