Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    More guns than normal less fluff
    Parking looked liked a circus
    Some unique guns I haven’t seen since the early 2000s

I bought powder and some nickel plated mini 14 mags

But I didn’t see an old colt/ww2 1911 no cz 83 no cz52
    Saw a model a uzi
    If you can tolerate the parking it’s fun.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    What made me roll my eyes was over hearing conspiracy theories of why the cedar park show and the round rock show got shutdown I heard at least 7 people talk about it...

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Why a conspiracy? Unless they're implying the retard vendor who put a bullet hole in the wall or ceiling at 9:30am at the last Round Rock show was a patsy.

My vote goes to retard.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I’m sure they are thinking it was purposely done to drive gun shows out of the central Texas area. Wasn’t just one or two people talking I counted 7 in random tables.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Seemed small and parking was somewhat challenged. Didn't see a lot of interest that I couldn't get online cheaper. Building seemed small and tight. I did buy 3 silver bars for birthday presents for the grandkids. Found a good deal on a Ruger Competition Target .22 when I got home on TexasGunTrader.com for $200. Sent in to Ruger to get it refurbished to like new.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I was at the Round Rock show a little over a year ago. I had a Dan Wesson MK-40, .357 SuperMag that I bought in '90. It was completely shot out, and needed rebuilding. I had shot it in IHMSA competition for 26 years and it had went from 1 inch groups at 50 yards to shotgun patterns at 25 yards. I found a nice Ruger Super Redhawk with 9.5" barrel, super tight lock-up, in .480 Ruger. Traded even. Did I feel bad about it? No! I know the Dan Wesson shows to be worth more in Blue book, but not the one I traded. The Ruger didn't seem to have been shot much at all, and with some of my handloads it shot like a house afire. Sometimes the dealers at gun shows take it in the shorts, too! LOL!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Probably not, they just pass it on to someone else. They are dealers after all. They aren't buying because it is something they want to cherish till the end of time.

Top Bottom