• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I didn't see a thread like this, so I figured I'd start one. What kind of scopes are you guys running? I'm looking for one right now for my old Mossberg, and I found a Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x 36mm for under $50. I'm really thinking about getting it. It's an old, cheap gun and I'm not too keen on paying $150-$200 for a scope just to plink around with. I plan on getting a Ruger Precision Rifle eventually, so I'll probably get a really nice scope for it.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I'll be watching this thread. I bought a Beretta ARX 160 .22LR around Christmas time, and I'm wanting an inexpensive scope for it too. I was thinking about the Simmons .22Mag 4x32 scope you can buy at Wally World for $30, but something in my just can't pull the trigger on a $30 scope.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just put an SWFA SS 10X on my .17 HMR and love it. But I’ve like the scope on several other rifles as well.

I’ve had other scopes in the rifle from BSA to Nikon and didn’t care for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    See, on some of my .22s, I want a really excellent scope with high magnification available; however, on some others--like say a knock-around 10/22 for the field--I just want a compact, light, clear 4x scope.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I didn't see a thread like this, so I figured I'd start one. What kind of scopes are you guys running? I'm looking for one right now for my old Mossberg, and I found a Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x 36mm for under $50. I'm really thinking about getting it. It's an old, cheap gun and I'm not too keen on paying $150-$200 for a scope just to plink around with. I plan on getting a Ruger Precision Rifle eventually, so I'll probably get a really nice scope for it.
    Should work fine. I have a nice Redfield on my SS Marlin semi but it and the gun was a gift/swap type thing with my brother. I had a cheap 3x9 Banner on my old 22 250 and it was great.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I've had a few cheap scopes on my 10/22 over the years. From Bushnell, Simmons & BSA. The last 5 years I've only purchased Vortex scopes for my rifles. Currently I'm running a Vortex 3x9 Crossfire 2 on my 10/22. Its good to 100yards...about all my old eyes can see to now a days. Once you hit 40 you'll know what I mean...I'm sure the guys over 40 can agree...lol.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Hear ya. I turned 69 a few months ago and can’t see sheet. Now I am embroiled in a risky scheme to get new teeth. As old Job said in a famous Book one time, “Man who is born of woman is short of days and full of trouble.”

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I run this on my 4wheeler savage .22 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GU67VU/ref=twister_B0745QZSWV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Great scope for $40. Had it for 2 years. It didn't survive the fall when it fell off my 4wheeler on a jump.

Very pleased with these for my better shooters.
    https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Prosta...1551151002&sr=1-2&keywords=nikon+.22+lr+scope

How you like that BDC reticle? I've looked through them & thought the hollow dots block most of the sight picture. Whats your opinion In real world usage compared to store looking?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I'll be watching this thread. I bought a Beretta ARX 160 .22LR around Christmas time, and I'm wanting an inexpensive scope for it too. I was thinking about the Simmons .22Mag 4x32 scope you can buy at Wally World for $30, but something in my just can't pull the trigger on a $30 scope.

I wanna know about this rifle, as I’ve got an ARX100 that I love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I don't know what the ARX100 is like but I held an ARX 160 in Academy and it felt really cheap. It's made by Umarex. The rear sight actually fell apart while I was looking at it.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I don't know what the ARX100 is like but I held an ARX 160 in Academy and it felt really cheap. It's made by Umarex. The rear sight actually fell apart while I was looking at it.

It’s the Beretta .223 original version of your rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Depends on what you are doing with the rifle.

My 10/22 “supergun” I built has a Vortex Viper PST on it and the 10/22 I shoot the most has an Aimpoint Micro T1 on it.

Everything else has peep sights.

Top Bottom