• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I went revolver only at the range this morning. I didn't have the first failure to feed, failure to eject nary a time.

r1.jpg
    DK Firearms

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    The service grips on the Python really feel good but, they were like holding a wood rasp. I took a piece of ScotchBrite and went over them to knock the tops off of the checkering.
    They are going to need a little bit more work to soften them up a bit more. Shooting Magnums was painful, 38 Specials were a little better but still uncomfortable.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The service grips on the Python really feel good but, they were like holding a wood rasp. I took a piece of ScotchBrite and went over them to knock the tops off of the checkering.
    They are going to need a little bit more work to soften them up a bit more. Shooting Magnums was painful, 38 Specials were a little better but still uncomfortable.
    <>

Gloves for target shooting ?

<>

BBL

Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Very nice. I need to get my azz to the range soon. Been putting it off all summer (hot) and now I can't go either (muddy).
    Once the weather improves, I'd love to go. My trunk will be full of different guns, including my revolvers, I promise you that!

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Schofield Top Break 45 (Long) Colt 5in Nickel-Plated Steel Revolver - 6 Rounds - Designed by Major George Schofield to be operated with one hand while on horseback, a break-open pistol was ideal for mounted soldiers in the U.S. Cavalry. Shooters could easily eject all six spent cartridges and reload while on horseback. The top break pistol also proved useful to the likes of Jesse James and Wild Bill Hickok. The Schofield barrel latch opens by pulling it back with the thumb and includes the rear sight notch.
    schofield2.jpg

schofield.jpg

Top Bottom