• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I've got an 870 Express, and it served as my only 12 gauge for 20 years without issue. Take care of your firearms and they'll take care of you. Earlier this year I picked up a CZ 712 G2 for $410 OTD from cabelas, as well as a Beretta A400 Xcel. With 250 rounds through the CZ last weekend, I feel as if it was a good value semi auto field gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My last 3 shotguns were a Beretta 300 Uplander, CZ720, and CZ712.

The Beretta never had an issue...well over 1000 rounds of mostly low brass target loads. Runs like a Glock with little to no maintenance....just keep it oiled.

The CZ’s both choked on low brass light lead loads at the beginning. They both needed a quick cleaning and a few boxes of high brass run through them (4 boxes each) and now they are running flawlessly and both have seen over 500 rounds (much more through the 712)

I won’t buy another pump shotgun...I am now totally happy with semi autos. But if I were buying one, it probably be a Mossy, Winchester, something other than an 870. Several guys I shoot with in our beer league clays had newer 870’s and all jammed constantly.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    LOL! Okay, I'll assume you're serious...
    Other than the price, do you truly believe there is a difference in them? Surely not in core gun quality...
    No, I don't believe there is any quality difference between them at all which is why I asked leVieux to explain his earlier comment in which he said:
    "The ones they make for WalMart, Academy, etc. are made to be CHEAP as they can get them. I NEVER buy a gun except from my local gun shop."
    thus implying the quality of 870s was higher in a gun shop than at a big box store.

Perhaps he was referring to the difference between the Express and Wingmaster models, but that is not what he said since gun shops sell both models.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    No, I don't believe there is any quality difference between them at all which is why I asked leVieux to explain his earlier comment in which he said:
    "The ones they make for WalMart, Academy, etc. are made to be CHEAP as they can get them. I NEVER buy a gun except from my local gun shop."
    thus implying the quality of 870s was higher in a gun shop than at a big box store.

Perhaps he was referring to the difference between the Express and Wingmaster models, but that is not what he said since gun shops sell both models.

AustinN4,

Understood and I get it.

I’m sorry if I offended you, that was never my intention. My original post about the $200 was just a lighthearted attempt at humor towards the inference regarding the LGS ‘quality’ vs BigBox models. I meant no disrespect towards your post.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    AustinN4,

Understood and I get it.

I’m sorry if I offended you, that was never my intention. My original post about the $200 was just a lighthearted attempt at humor towards the inference regarding the LGS ‘quality’ vs BigBox models. I meant no disrespect towards your post.
    No worries, never took it that way.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The 870 has been around forever. Just a few more plastic parts today. That should not scare off today's shooters, who are accustomed to plastic everything. Very few shotguns have lasted this long.

DBTX

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2018
    Austin
    They definitely are not as robust as older models. Older police magnums are a beast. Still a classic and most versatile foe a 12ga pump.

Top Bottom