• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndrewR2488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Rockport, TX
    Anyone know of a refinery job thats hiring? I was laid off from Schlumberger a while back and I'm looking for a refinery job that I can get my foot in the door with. I don't really want to go back to Oilfield because of the roller coaster ride it comes with. Im wanting to start working at a refinery if anyone knows of a position available. I don't have experience but I'm not afraid to work, I don't like heights but I think I would be able to deal with that.
    Capitol Armory ad

AndrewR2488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Rockport, TX
    Nothing past HS, I worked Frac with Schlumberger for 4 years. I liked the work and stuff but not being home with my family daily sucked. Im looking for refinery work so i can be home with my family more often

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Try Austin Industrial, contractor company. Most plants are looking for a process tech degree or 2 year associates. Always look at the smaller plants.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Look for maintenance contractors - Jacobs or Turner, for example. As Das Jared pointed out, most plants are looking for process tech degree or 2 year associates. You might want to also consider getting into some classes at San Jacinto. The world is getting more and more technical. High school degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

In case you're thinking, "I wasn't very good at high school - I can't do college", I want to remind you that you've been working for 4 years. You're not the same as you were at 18; you have some perspective on the world.

Top Bottom