• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OIF2

Well-Known
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    At the time (late 70's into the early 80's) there was another Python master working on Colt triggers - Jerry Moran. The Colt custom shop was also doing 2 different Python tunes (one for .38 wadcutter loads and another for .357 ammo). It was a VERY good action tune, developed by Tedford when he ran the custom shop (Tedford was one of the key Python creators). After Tedford retired, there was just 2 gunsmiths in the custom shop that did the Tedford action. Wait was almost a year. Jungkind was one of the greats; I saw a few of his revolvers on the firing line when I shot PPC. His DA tuned triggers were right at 7 lbs and totally reliable, with no stacking. Beautiful workmanship.

There's a gentleman working part-time at Dietz's gunshop that's very good. Larry Nichols was the full-time armorer for Burbank PD before he retired; he worked on Colt and Smith revolvers daily. He's a superb machinist and has built several "Smolt" conversions. He's one of only 2 or 3 people I know of today (everyone else is dead or long since retired) that I would let touch my Colts.
    Bob

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Some of those old PPC guns were works of art. I had one built on a S&W Model 10 frame with BoMar barrel and rib. The DA trigger pull was so light and smooth, it felt like something was broken inside.

mp_tx

Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Since this thread got some likes today, I will share what I just found in Jan/Feb 2023 TSRA Sportsman magazine:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      413.6 KB · Views: 38

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Nobody is going to ‘’rework’’ my Python as long as I’m above the grass !

I like it just fine the way it is.

No pics for the ATF monitors on TGT !

leVieux

<>

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    At the time (late 70's into the early 80's) there was another Python master working on Colt triggers - Jerry Moran.
    I am profoundly embarrassed that I forgot about Jerry Moran. My mind is obviously going. :(

Top Bottom