• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Frankly, I think it's pretty good just as it is. I think that at times we could temper our language a bit more - I'm as guilty as anyone, but if we had our wives/daughters reading some of this, it'd be pretty raw.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Y'know....these "Regional Meets" we do....what's the chance of some of the forum sponsors coming up w/door prizes for 'em, even if it would be gift or discount coupons?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sell 'em on being a "featured" quarterly event - promo 'em here, with a special section set up for the "Meet of the Quarter", with pics for the latest one, and a section for the plans for the upcoming one.

Another thing...Group Buys. It would HAVE to be run by someone that can be trusted, and a tight rein kept on it - but a GB in conjunction with some of our sponsors could be a dual benefit. Non-sponsors could be done as well - a good turn out could encourage them to become sponsors.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The thing is, we need to get regular meets and people coming out regularly before anyone is going to want to "sponsor" us with giveaways. So far, most of the local meetups we've tried to setup (which granted haven't been a whole lot lately), most people come up with excuses and don't show. ;)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I hear ya - shit, I've missed every one they've done here, even though my PLAN was to be there. However, the last SA attendance was killer from what I understand - and as long as they take pics and post 'em like they did, they'll continue to grow.

Top Bottom