0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Here we go again...

COMMITTEE: Violence in Schools & School Security, Select
    TIME & DATE: 9:00 AM, Tuesday, July 24, 2018
    PLACE: E1.036 (Finance Room)
    CHAIR: Senator Larry Taylor
    Examine whether current protective order laws are sufficient or whether the merits of Extreme Risk Protective Orders, or “Red Flag” laws, should be considered for seeking a temporary removal of firearms from a person who poses an immediate danger to themselves or others, only after legal due process is provided with a burden of proof sufficient to protect Second Amendment rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution.

We need to be there with well researched and presented testimony to counter the flow of emotional propaganda from the left. There are enough problems with this potentially Orwellian scheme that coming up with two minutes of talking points should not be hard.
    Military Camp

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    A hearing on Red Flag was held in the House Criminal Jurisprudence committee on 6/25/18. You can view those proceedings here to gain some insight into the other side's talking points and how best to counter them:

http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=40&clip_id=15212

There is enough wrong with the red flag schemes that squeezing it all into a 2 minute talk is impossible. Pick one aspect of the red flag and focus your research and testimony on it. There will be other folks addressing the other bad things about the idea. Together we can nip this foolishness in the bud.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Ten days left to get your testimony together. Two minutes isn't much time. Forethought, preparation, and practice are all essential to getting your thoughts across in a limited time. Just as dry fire practice pays off when you hit the range, a few practice runs of your testimony will help you at the hearing.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ll miss this as I’ll be deep in the Rockies as a reward for delivering a our #2 project on-time, under-budget, and with more features than planned. Release in 7/23 and I fly out that night.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Conference call to prep for the hearing on Wednesday, July 18.

Call: (515) 604-9912
    Access: 140414#

We'll go over *UPDATED* talking points, walk through logistics for testifying, and give pointers for how you can help from home.
    conference_call_071818.jpg

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I testified at the senate hearing, and I was glad I did. I felt the hearing went well and Senate hearing was nowhere near as biased as the House hearing which felt like they were all in for more gun control.

I was especially glad last night to hear that the Lt. Governor pretty much said red flag is dead. That being said we must always stay vigilant. Politicians can always say one thing and then do another and they must be called out if they try.

I saw someone on the Open Carry Texas facebook forum post this AAR which I thought summed things up well.

Yesterday was a good day for liberty. The Senate had a hearing on red flag laws in front of a special committee formed by Dan Patrick to respond to Gov. Abbott's proposals relating to school shootings. (Abbott has proposed two gun control measures, red flag laws and more draconian gun storage laws).

The Senate hearing was different than the House hearings. It was not orchestrated in favor of gun control the way Dem Chair Joe Moody did. There was no enthusiasm for red flag laws. Even the Dems were skeptical. Sen. Rodriguez of El Paso made it clear from his questions that he thought existing law involuntary menal health commitment law, harassment law, and terroristic threat laws n Texas are sufficient. Sen. Royce West pushed on a pro-gun-control witness to get him to admit that the problem was ignorance and lack of enforcement of existing law that was the problem. Sen. West expressed concerns about due process and burden of proof a number of times.

The number of witnesses from the firearms freedom community far outweighed the gun-control proponents.

After the hearing, Dan Patrick posted yesterday that Governor Abbott has backed off Red Flag laws and that he never liked them

Here is the link to the official video of the hearing.
    http://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=44&clip_id=13492

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    I testified at the senate hearing, and I was glad I did. I felt the hearing went well and Senate hearing was nowhere near as biased as the House hearing which felt like they were all in for more gun control.

I was especially glad last night to hear that the Lt. Governor pretty much said red flag is dead. That being said we must always stay vigilant. Politicians can always say one thing and then do another and they must be called out if they try.

I saw someone on the Open Carry Texas facebook forum post this AAR which I thought summed things up well.

Here is the link to the official video of the hearing.
    http://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=44&clip_id=13492

I'm sorry our paths didn't cross yesterday but glad you were able to testify. I'm in full agreement with your assessment of the Senate hearing. There was much less bias and the restriction of public testimony to two minutes was evenly applied to both sides of the issue.

I wish more members of the 2A community would make the effort to come down to the Capitol and help corral the legicritters. I know it is difficult to take time from work and family, and between meals, gas, parking, etc. it can leave a hole in one's wallet. It is, however, a great chance to meet and chat with 2A activists from many different groups to get a feel for where things are headed in the upcoming months.

Lt. Gov. Patrick's statement on Red Flag certainly was reason for a bit of celebration. Now if we can only get Gov. Abbott on record with a similar statement.

red_flag_testimony_meme.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I still don't think Abbott did anything but say lets talk about it.

But I admit I don't watch news 24/7

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems our lib-tards cannot comprehend that their "gun free zone" policies are to blame for much of the recent & current problems. They have a long, long history of proposing "common sense" Trojan-Horse ideas, designed to sell to the not-so-well-informed voter. Stay alert, stay prepared. Politicians can and do "turn their backs" on our constitutional freedoms. leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom