• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Made a decent buy on a Crosman Shockwave Nitro .22 a few months back but I have just about pulled out the few hairs on my head dealing with the Center Point scope that came with it and then with the almost unusable open sights mounted on the barrel.

The Center Point was a pain to get sighted in but then would not hold zero and led to me removing, reinstalling, reversing mounts, etc. in order to get it back on point. Even with the screws loc tite secure, the thing will not hold zero. With the birds raiding my garden and thumbing their noses (beaks) at me, I tool the scope off and started with the open sights...right off, I have to contort my face all over the comb of the stock and then the sight picture was less than perfect. Impact at 30 ft was about 2 inches low and 7' to left. Cranking the windage all the way to right brought me to center but the elevation didn't want to get me a good center unless I held with the front dot blocking out the bull. Still, it feels ridiculous to crawl over the comb to see the sights.

Did some checking and looks like Williams has some decent receiver sights but might need to go to the $50 range to find one that is good. Since I only paid $99 for the gun I sure would like to find a $25 solution. Not asking for much, huh?

In any case, if any of you know of a decent iron sight in that price range, let me know and I will give it a try, otherwise, I think I will try another cheap scope and hope that resolves my problem. I picked up a Tasco at a yard sale the other day for $2 so, who knows??
    Gun Zone Deals

Top Bottom