• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And what if the chase goes on and the perp plows through school kids on a crosswalk?

What if the officer driving loses control of the car while trying to fire at the perp and kills someone?

What if one of the 70 some odd rounds fired kills a bystander?

The what if's can go on forever, in both directions.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Just to clarify RE: "Monday morning quarterbacking". I have no problem reviewing any police incident (I avoided being the point of them). But we have a few on here that starts the woulda, coulda, shoulda routine before all the facts are in. The same things the newspapers do. And that's where 99% of the information the MMQ comes from. That's what I have a problem with and is why I made the comment. Police are like everyone else and make mistakes and are punished for it (more often than any other group). Dr's bury their mistakes and hash them out in private, Police get theirs aired in the court of public opinion and when that court drives the punishment rather than the act I have a problem. Think BLM.

mgchrono

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2018
    FloMo
    We are all looking at this incident as Americans, when in fact this occurred in California. It’s closer to a third world Latin American country there. This is more properly compared to any number of Brazilian or Colombian cop shooting videos.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We are all looking at this incident as Americans, when in fact this occurred in California. It’s closer to a third world Latin American country there. This is more properly compared to any number of Brazilian or Colombian cop shooting videos.

The irony is that Californians like to quote the Constitution when it suits their causes, but anything that doesn't (i.e. the Second Amendment) is completely ignored...

Case in point, this UC Davis Law Review Online article on the topic at hand quotes the Fourth Amendment liberally (pun intended) concerning use of force in such situations; but considering the author claims that two teens in a stolen Jag running at high speeds from the police "were not suspected of having committed any violent crime and there was no other information to suggest they might be violent" and that it was actually the police who put innocent citizens at risk...

https://lawreview.law.ucdavis.edu/online/vol52/52-online-Fairley.pdf

So in the land of fruits and nuts, they'd rather the criminals run free than actually exhibit any resemblance of law and order. No wonder that state has gone down the shitter and its refugees flocking elsewhere (like Texas, where they're already trying to **** things up here!).

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    12069dbdc3abec79cb69ef3fd011e1df.jpg

https://www.nssf.org/california-eases-up-on-gun-crimes-while-restricting-gun-rights/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 12069dbdc3abec79cb69ef3fd011e1df.jpg
      12069dbdc3abec79cb69ef3fd011e1df.jpg
      168.9 KB · Views: 324

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If it was easy the cops would have responded perfectly and no one could argue differently. I only wish the job and people doing it would have it so good.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Well since this is 9 pages in, here you go. I haven't watched it yet. Work has been kicking my butt and I am 4 days behind on the channel. Again, what would you do?

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Vid summary...

Huh, SWAT cop said initial shots through windshield can be extremely erratic, missing target silhouettes at as as 7 yards.

Very critical of shooting one handed at distance, even more so while driving.

Very critical of doing so through the neighborhood as was done.

Discussed Pitting first before blasting away.

Discussed driver putting passenger in position to shoot as the better alternative.

Glass inside the car from shooting is a BAD thing.

Does not see the tactic as likely for success and at high risk for danger to the public.

Hearing damage most assuredly happened.

Good point that officers had same magazines.

Bad approach on the vehicle. No reason to do so when and how they did - Improper felony stop tactics.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom