• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Wow, just wow. 76 shots fired by 2 officers, 64 by the probationary trainee (most while driving) and 12 by the trainer. Why it is that the trainee was dictating the actions of the officers, giving commands to his trainer, and how or why the trainer let things unfold in this manner are beyond me.

They get a call about a guy on drugs, hallucinating, armed with a knife and gun and attempt to stop him. He flees, pointing his gun at them in the process. They take off after him with very little regard for the safety of the public.

The probationary officer fired 64 times, many through his windshield. Note his gun handling, muzzle discipline, etc. The training officer follows with firing through the windshield as well, with a carbine, the report obviously causing considerable pain to both officers.

Never mind that shooting through the windshield can cause significant deflection of bullets that will end up in places unintended.

Here is the full video on YouTube.

Here is one of many news articles that talks about the probie getting fired, the trainer disciplined, and the apparent disgust felt by the Anaheim Chief of Police regarding their behavior
    https://ktla.com/2019/05/08/anaheim...ursuit-killing-suspect-warning-graphic-video/

Seriously, how many things can you find that went wrong here?

No charges filed on either officer (because no bystanders were injured?), but the DA and Chief both expressed reservations about how the officers conducted themselves.
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Words....

The DA is simply covering his ass. He's a politician, it's what they do.

"The District Attorney’s conclusion that all of the available evidence is insufficient to warrant the filing of criminal charges against the two officers"

That speaks volumes. A probationary officer can be dismissed for any number of reasons. The FTO being on paid administrative leave is SOP after such an incident.

Otherwise, some lawyer calling their actions "alarming and irresponsible" don't mean shit to me as his ass sits in a comfy chair in some office all day while these officers our out dealing with this shit on a regular basis.

"“We highly discourage shooting through a window,” Anaheim Police Chief Jorge Cisnero said. “But, our policy does not state that you cannot. There could be incidents or actions at times where that would be permissible.”"

So they didn't violate department policy by shooting through the windshield, so it's a non-factor. Many agencies allow and even train for it.

"Investigators with the DA’s Office determined that several witnesses, as well as video-surveillance and body-worn-camera footage, backed up the officers’ contention that they “reasonably feared for their lives.”"

"An autopsy determined that Nava had been struck by at least nine bullets. A toxicology exam found amphetamines and methamphetamine in his system."

This also justifies the officers' actions.

Last edited:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Should the officers just have let him escape?

LOL, certainly not, but making the proper choice of tactics relative to circumstances can be critical. As you saw at the end of the video, it wasn't like they were the only cruiser responding to the incident. There were other options available other than the continued blasting away at the suspect vehicle.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    LOL, certainly not, but making the proper choice of tactics relative to circumstances can be critical. As you saw at the end of the video, it wasn't like they were the only cruiser responding to the incident. There were other options available other than the continued blasting away at the suspect vehicle.
    What other options were available in this particular situation? Not saying there weren't other options, but I wasn't there. I certainly wouldn't try to second guess officers' strategy based alone on a vehicle video.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Uh, that was pretty stupid, don't shoot through your own windshield during a high speed chase.

That's not exactly an uncommon thing to do. If the suspect poses an immediate risk to you or the community, you shoot. Do you expect the officer to stick his head out the window and shoot, or to just stick the gun out the window and fire blindly in the general direction of the suspect?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Noticed his Glock jammed on him at one point. No wait, the Glock fanboys say no Glock has ever jammed since the dawn of time.

Shooting was not necessary. Wait for backup units to assist in stopping the perp. Could have easily shot an innocent bystander.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Noticed his Glock jammed on him at one point. No wait, the Glock fanboys say no Glock has ever jammed since the dawn of time.

Shooting was not necessary. Wait for backup units to assist in stopping the perp. Could have easily shot an innocent bystander.

I noticed that as well.
    I imagine that the driver was fairly involved, and managed to limp wrist concentrating on other things.
    He did do a nice tap/rack while driving though.

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    That's not exactly an uncommon thing to do. If the suspect poses an immediate risk to you or the community, you shoot. Do you expect the officer to stick his head out the window and shoot, or to just stick the gun out the window and fire blindly in the general direction of the suspect?

The immediate risk of dozens of deflected bullets hitting bystanders goes unmentioned.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Thing is, where was the indications he was an immediate risk to the community? He was not firing a gun, obviously, as he did not have one.

I expect the officers to let other units assist in making a stop. Then if shooting starts, at least they are not flying down the road trying to shoot.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Maybe OK tactics for a sheriff in a 2 man department, where backup is 20 minutes away. If you fire on the police, all bets are off. In an emergency you revert to training, the FTO should have been let go as well.
    Amazed by these pages, the gun failed, and the Internet experts deduced operator error on the spot. Any machine can fail, even a plastic one.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Maybe OK tactics for a sheriff in a 2 man department, where backup is 20 minutes away. If you fire on the police, all bets are off. In an emergency you revert to training, the FTO should have been let go as well.
    Amazed by these pages, the gun failed, and the Internet experts deduced operator error on the spot. Any machine can fail, even a plastic one.

Quoted because he called me an expert, now I have proof...

:shades:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom