• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    Anyone use or tried the Otto NoizeBarrier Micro?
    They seem to have some good reviews, but are pricey.
    I like the rechargeable, but then no bluetooth which isn't a big deal for me.
    I just use simple plugs now, and a set of HL electronic muffs, but damn muffs are hot and get in the way of rifles.
    Gun Zone Deals

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Ear muffs, if you want active ones, i like peltors. The sport tactical and rangeguard versions are nice, i have a 6-s that i love. Get gel cups if you can.

Ear plugs are fine, and preferable in the summer

Eye protection? ESS. The silencer is great for when using muffs.

The Dude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2022
    North Carolina
    If anyone hasn't already mentioned it the Howard Leight Sports for ear pro are great. Electronic and reasonably priced. I've got 3 pairs for myself and the kiddos.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Lots of good advice from those who have worn/used ear protection. This is great advice for those new to the shooting sports or live/work in loud surroundings.

My ear protection during hot Texas summers while wearing the hat in my profile photo are the Walker's Silencer Electronic Ear Plugs. You can get them either powered by battery or recharged with USB connection.

When I wear muffs the Howard Leight Impact Sport Pro model works great. I did have to get separately gel ear pads as the muffs over the shooting glasses temple piece was uncomfortable. The AAA battery power allows one to hear conversations/commands at the range but reduces the gun noises when it happens. I also wear Moldex 6800 Pura Fit foam plugs under the muffs so I can take a break with muffs and still have some hearing protection from the next shooting bay. Always wear muffs and inner ear protection indoors as the noise will bounce back off the walls so you get hit twice with sound waves.

One last suggestion for the seasoned citizen shooter who might not be able to see the front sight so clearly any more. Switch to a red dot and/or get progressive prescription glasses. You can get prescription sunglasses for outdoor shooting from SportRX, San Diego, CA. You can read about my buying experience for the glasses on Yelp.com. I also wrote on this forum about switching to a red dot.

Mid Enthusiast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Bedford
    I got a pair of ess crossbow suppressor glasses and they’ve served me well. Cheaper than a pair of Oakley’s, yet better than most other brands.

Top Bottom