• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Seeing all of these replies once again makes me feel incredibly lucky. I can walk out my back door to my .22 steel range, drive down to my center-fire steel pistol range (think Hickock 45) and turn around to a shaded 125 yard rifle range or I can drive down to the field where I can shoot clays or rifle up to 350 yards. I am truly blessed. I need to get more friends in to shoot, but the few idjuts who have not listened and/or followed basic gun safety has soured me on inviting people up. July 4th before last I had a guy fire a 9mm straight up into the air right behind my where I was sitting to "chase" the .22 lr tracers I was shooting to celebrate the 4th (not straight up, at an angle where it would fall on my place with no people around for miles). He was taken aback by my fury. He has not been invited back. Another twat-waffle was invited to deer hunt, brought someone extra, shot a buck. He then shot a Doe when driving back up the hill "Well, she was just standing there looking at me!" No shit sherlock....she was a pet. He's not come up again.
    Lucky indeed. I don't blame you a bit for banishing those idiots. It seems like anyone who hasn't been around guns frequently lose all of their sense when they get on a place like that. Welcome
    Target Sports

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Seeing all of these replies once again makes me feel incredibly lucky. I can walk out my back door to my .22 steel range, drive down to my center-fire steel pistol range (think Hickock 45) and turn around to a shaded 125 yard rifle range or I can drive down to the field where I can shoot clays or rifle up to 350 yards. I am truly blessed. I need to get more friends in to shoot, but the few idjuts who have not listened and/or followed basic gun safety has soured me on inviting people up. July 4th before last I had a guy fire a 9mm straight up into the air right behind my where I was sitting to "chase" the .22 lr tracers I was shooting to celebrate the 4th (not straight up, at an angle where it would fall on my place with no people around for miles). He was taken aback by my fury. He has not been invited back. Another twat-waffle was invited to deer hunt, brought someone extra, shot a buck. He then shot a Doe when driving back up the hill "Well, she was just standing there looking at me!" No shit sherlock....she was a pet. He's not come up again.

Wow, your place looks beautiful. Very fortunate indeed!

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have an indoor range that is about 10 minutes drive from the house. It has a 25-yard pistol range and a 50-yard Rifle range It is indoors and climate controlled. There is an hour limit for $15.00. However, they have let you shoot as long as you can if it's not busy. Since my quadruple bypass in July of 2017 and subsequent surgery on my right wrist and elbow, I can not use 1911 in my right hand because I cannot properly engage the grip safety. My right-hand trigger finger is bent up by arthritis and rubs the trigger guard. I requested some physical therapy. We will see what happens. I have 12.93 acres of property in Alabama that has a natural backstop. I could put a 100-yard range maybe 200 yards there.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas

I would have done the same thing.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have an indoor range that is about 10 minutes drive from the house. It has a 25-yard pistol range and a 50-yard Rifle range It is indoors and climate controlled. There is an hour limit for $15.00. However, they have let you shoot as long as you can if it's not busy. Since my quadruple bypass in July of 2017 and subsequent surgery on my right wrist and elbow, I can not use 1911 in my right hand because I cannot properly engage the grip safety. My right-hand trigger finger is bent up by arthritis and rubs the trigger guard. I requested some physical therapy. We will see what happens. I have 12.93 acres of property in Alabama that has a natural backstop. I could put a 100-yard range maybe 200 yards there.
    Good luck to you!

Pesater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Houston
    Boyert Indoor Range in Houston waives 1-hr fee if you wear their shirt with logo on it. Needless to say I’m in love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Boyert Indoor Range in Houston waives 1-hr fee if you wear their shirt with logo on it. Needless to say I’m in love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s only in Tuesday’s if I’m not mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jasper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Ft Worth
    $15, no time limit. Place has a pistol/rapid fire range, and the rifle range goes out to around 300 yards. Owners a cool guy.

Gray Smoke out in Weatherford.

LaVbRef

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2018
    Seven Points
    Can anyone living near Seven Points and/or Gun Barrel City give me ranges in the area? Prefer indoor but outdoor is acceptable. Primarily pistol practice for my wife and myself. TIA

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Can anyone living near Seven Points and/or Gun Barrel City give me ranges in the area? Prefer indoor but outdoor is acceptable. Primarily pistol practice for my wife and myself. TIA

I’m not too familiar with that area, but I do know of Big Rock Gun Club that’s not too far from Gun Barrel City. It’s an outdoor private range/club, though, and it’s my understanding there’s a long waiting list to join.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Midland Shooters Association, $200 annual. Both rifle/pistol/archery range & a separate shotgun range. Rifle range out to 500 yards. One of the nicer outdoor ranges I have belonged to. Thanks to TxStetson for taking me out to see and use and eventually belonging to this association.

Top Bottom