• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    saline
    The Scavenger 6 can shoot 23 different caliber rounds by switching between 3 different cylinders that are about 7 inches long.
    Has 8 different calibers per cylinder. It's strange but could be handy in a bad situation.

scavenger6-2.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Looked at the website.But could not find a description of what that long round thing in front of the Cylinder Barrel might be. It looks like a real barrel but I guess its just something for the bullets to rattle around in with the gases until they get to the little flash hider at the end of whateverit is.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Think about it, at $500 each, you could have hhndguns in .22/.22 mag, .38/.357, and .44Special and .44mag all for $1,500, and most likely for less if you shop around.

And I would opt for long guns in .22, .223, and most likely .308, and could have all three for less than $1k, easy.

That's a $2,500 arsenal, and I'll bet I could get a decent pump 12 guage in there for that price as well. If you can't find ammo for any of those platforms it's over.

AND all these weapons would be accurate and dependable! I'm guessing that Scavenger would cost more than my suggested arsenal.

It's a solution in search of a problem.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I just went to their website, and they’re a bargain at $1,997. Of course you only get the survival cylinder with purchase, which means on 6 calibers. The others are $385 each.

ScS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    saline
    I watched a couple of the videos and never saw how the cylinder rotates, as in, is it done by hand on every shot or like any other revolver, And the barrel that doesn't have rifling in it, is to qualify it as a rifle I guess. Can't see this as an option even in the end times

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Naaaa. Will pass.

Years ago there was a company that sold various caliber inserts for shotguns.
    It was a metal insert shaped like a 12ga shell with the inner chamber made in many different calibers.
    They're probably still out there for all I know.
    Worked well with a simple break open.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    They list .223 and 5.56 as a different chambering, but not .38 and .357. It also says .5.56, so maybe that is a new ultra micro round? Also .30/30 and .30/06.

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Naaaa. Will pass.

Years ago there was a company that sold various caliber inserts for shotguns.
    It was a metal insert shaped like a 12ga shell with the inner chamber made in many different calibers.
    They're probably still out there for all I know.
    Worked well with a simple break open.
    Chiappa. All the little inserts came in a canvas folding bag.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    For that price absolutely not.

The midland backpacker, keltec sub2000, a ruger 10/22 are all more practical.

Top Bottom