• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    I have a Remington 700AAC SD and I love it. It shoots great, but with the 20" barrel I only shoot out to 750 yards. I don't now the difference between the model I have and the police model you reference.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well after trading my 700 and talking with my guy at the gunshop I will stay away from the new ones.

He says even in 75 degree a/c they have to wipe down the ones they have for sale new.

He said look for an old one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have a trigger recall 700 ADL plastic in 308. It's never had the recall done but has been inspected for the excess epoxy that caused the recall. I polished the interior of receiver bridges and now it's silk. Weighted and balanced with the pivot point right at the take down bolt. Stippling here and there. I occasionally run an AimPoint Pro instead of a weaver classic 6. With a red dot it's lots of fun.

The bolt lugs need lapped with either the barrel being rechambered or set back to headspace. No biggy.

I got it more then six years ago. Is this rifle outside the current quality issues? Besides the trigger that is.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have a trigger recall 700 ADL plastic in 308. It's never had the recall done but has been inspected for the excess epoxy that caused the recall. I polished the interior of receiver bridges and now it's silk. Weighted and balanced with the pivot point right at the take down bolt. Stippling here and there. I occasionally run an AimPoint Pro instead of a weaver classic 6. With a red dot it's lots of fun.

The bolt lugs need lapped with either the barrel being rechambered or set back to headspace. No biggy.

I got it more then six years ago. Is this rifle outside the current quality issues? Besides the trigger that is.

It's a Remington so it is inside the quality issues.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I think a lot of the replies here to the OP are just folks repeating bullshit they've heard on the net. A buddy of mine bought a Remington police special from Cabelas 2 years ago, in .308, and the only thing he did to the rifle was to replace the factory trigger with a Timney aftermarket model. With his hand loads he can put 3 shots inside the size of a nickel, at 100 yards. I don't know what you "experts" on here think of that, but to me, that is a damn accurate rifle.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've got my Father's Remington 700 in 7mm Mag. Bought 1962, (actually given to him by Mr. Gibson of Gibson Discount fame, my father built several Gibson's around Texas and the South West for him). It shoots like a laser!

Last edited:

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Trigger recall, piss poor QC, super deep throates in the rifles to satisfy the safety lawyers which causes a huge jump and screws with consistency. Hmmm what else, oh shit customer service for warranty. Hell look at the R51 pistol to see where they are currently.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    And Weatherby has used "super deep throats" (leade) since they started making rifles. One of the most accurate rifles I ever shot was a MK-V in .300 Weatherby with "super deep throat!"

Top Bottom