• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    i guess i have been so engrained to buy 10 round mags and they generally DO cost slightly more (interesting) that i didnt realize how cheap some high cap mags are. ive got my eyes on a couple 33 rounders and a good few 15 rounders.

They aren't high cap mags...they are standard capacity mags. In Commiefornia, you had reduced capacity mags.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Going to add my two cents

Keep the 10 round ones the way they are and use one as a back up if you conceal carry for less weight. Then use the rest for the range for easier reloading. Then just buy a 33 and some 15's if you want.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Going to add my two cents

Keep the 10 round ones the way they are and use one as a back up if you conceal carry for less weight. Then use the rest for the range for easier reloading. Then just buy a 33 and some 15's if you want.

yes, thank you for joining the conversation

They aren't high cap mags...they are standard capacity mags. In Commiefornia, you had reduced capacity mags.
    thats a great way top put it really. the law does not apply to LE but DOES apply to boarder patrol. they carry an H&K 2000 40 cal or something with a 10rd mag. if you ask me, the boarder patrol should have a goddanm assault rifle

Big Jake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Gardnerville, NV
    rp- , You have to purge yourself from your former state. Relax and enjoy Texas take a nice deep breath of freedom. Just delete "assault rifle and high cap mag from your vocabulary and the exorcism should be complete!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    yes, thank you for joining the conversation

thats a great way top put it really. the law does not apply to LE but DOES apply to boarder patrol. they carry an H&K 2000 40 cal or something with a 10rd mag. if you ask me, the boarder patrol should have a goddanm assault rifle

So Border Patrol is not LE? WTF? Of course they are LE. Are you saying BP officers in Kali carry 10 rd mags or ALL BP officers?

jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    As someone who is 1 week and 3 days from driving out of this God-forsaken state for good, I wanted to chime in a few thoughts.

I was under the impression you could have them, they just had to be disassembled.

The CA law allows you to own, possess, and use standard capacity magazines. You cannot 1) sell, 2) lend, 3) offer to sell, 4) construct, or 5) import magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. So, if you owned them from before the ban, feel free to use them. The "disassembled" part comes from the perfectly legal use for someone who owned a pre-ban magazine to repair and "rebuild" it from new parts. Hence, the vendors who sell disassembled magazines for parts as "rebuild kits."

I'm willing to bet there are a LOT more rebuild kits in the state than there were high-cap magazines, but that's a story for another time.

rp- , You have to purge yourself from your former state. Relax and enjoy Texas take a nice deep breath of freedom. Just delete "assault rifle and high cap mag from your vocabulary and the exorcism should be complete!

Don't purge those terms: just fix the definition.

Assault rifle: a semi-auto rifle, like many hunting rifles, that politicians don't like because they LOOK evil. Make your "anti-assault rifle" lawmaker look foolish with questions about judging things (people?) by how they look.

High cap mag: standard capacity magazine, as opposed to reduced or restricted capacity magazines.

They aren't high cap mags...they are standard capacity mags. In Commiefornia, you had reduced capacity LAWMAKERS.

Fixed it for you.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    So Border Patrol is not LE? WTF? Of course they are LE. Are you saying BP officers in Kali carry 10 rd mags or ALL BP officers?

just california boarder patrol. i used to shoot with some of them at the range i went to out there. they carry a 40 cal. i wanna say it was an H&K 2000 or something

As someone who is 1 week and 3 days from driving out of this God-forsaken state for good, I wanted to chime in a few thoughts.

The CA law allows you to own, possess, and use standard capacity magazines. You cannot 1) sell, 2) lend, 3) offer to sell, 4) construct, or 5) import magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. So, if you owned them from before the ban, feel free to use them. The "disassembled" part comes from the perfectly legal use for someone who owned a pre-ban magazine to repair and "rebuild" it from new parts. Hence, the vendors who sell disassembled magazines for parts as "rebuild kits."

I'm willing to bet there are a LOT more rebuild kits in the state than there were high-cap magazines, but that's a story for another time.

Don't purge those terms: just fix the definition.

Assault rifle: a semi-auto rifle, like many hunting rifles, that politicians don't like because they LOOK evil. Make your "anti-assault rifle" lawmaker look foolish with questions about judging things (people?) by how they look.

High cap mag: standard capacity magazine, as opposed to reduced or restricted capacity magazines.

Fixed it for you.

thanks for the help. what part of california are you leaving and what part of texas are you joining?

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Welcome to Texas. I bailed out of San Diego about 13 months ago. Sold my reduced capacity stuff to the locals before bailing. Now I run a business selling CA compliance gear to CA shooters. Soon as I can I'll get an FFL to ship guns and gun parts into the state. More guns makes it harder for boneheaded legislators to ban them.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    cool. i left san diego for san antonio. im a pool repair tech and they just aint buildin many pools in san diego right now.

i hope to start a range sometime in the future. to be honest, i kinda thought there would be more places to shoot around here

docbrazos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    At one time ( Clinton Years) it was aginst Federal law to Manufacture a magazine that held more than ten Rounds. Converting a 10 rounder to a high cap was also agin the law. This is not the case any more. Fact is I gave a 10 round Glock magazine away Yesterday at the Ft. Worth gun show. wouldn't hold 10 and wasn't aparently repareable. Just another Clinton Era piece of trash as far as I was concearned.

Top Bottom